Jump to content

Angell328

Members
  • Posts

    140
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About Angell328

  • Birthday 09/06/1979

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Brize Norton
  • Interests
    WW2 & Cold war aircraft
    WW2 Armour
    Landrovers

Recent Profile Visitors

601 profile views

Angell328's Achievements

New Member

New Member (2/9)

656

Reputation

  1. Many thanks for all the kind words, this was a gem of a kit to build and looking forward to doing the second offering in the box soon. Matt
  2. Hi All, Managed to finish a few projects whilst deployed and first up is Eduard's beautiful Mk1 Spitfire. The kit was a pleasure to build and really enjoyed all the little details that Eduard included in the box, looking forward to building the second one as a later varient. I built this one straight out the box, sprayed using my Cr Plus using Tamiya and Mr Color paints and finishing touches with oils and pastels. I tried a few new techniques with the oils on this kit for highlighting panels and adding some depth. Still learning, but very happy with how the finish has come out on this one, think the only differance I would have made would be to have sprayed the roundels. Anyway onto the pictures, happy for any feeback, good or bad. Cheers Matt
  3. Hi I currently own a 1968 SWB series 2a and in a month will be taking delivery of a 1969 LWB Series 2a if this is of any help? Matt
  4. Further to the info I gave, I thought you would be interested in a few pictures of the core and the issue with the airfix core. Side by side comparison of the two parts This shows as far as you can get the first first ring onto the airfix core without serious sanding and modification The resin replacement allows the ring to just slide on with a nice snug fit And final view of all the parts dry fitted to the core. There is a slight change to the build order when using the resin core as it has some parts molded on that the plastic part are added on later. The Youtube video mentioned before and the ebay listing gives information on the step changes. Hope this gives a bit more info for you all. Matt
  5. Yes, I don't think I am allowed to build the 1/24 Typhoon until after we have moved house in a few months time, alreay have 5 display cases and cabinates to pack away May get away with a few 1/48 fighters though
  6. Wow, Proving the adage of less is more there. Very subtle and restrained weathering on a super sharp paint finish. Love it! Matt
  7. Love this, wonderful build, finish and diorama to finish it off. I have been coverting this release for a while now, I think you may have made me buy one tonight! Matt
  8. Again thank you all for your kind words, never thought I would get this reception for the Hellcat! Well I have offered it to my friend who inspired the markings and finish. If he doesn't have the room for it then I guess I will have to make a case for it! (or find someone else who does have room!) Matt
  9. Wow, many thanks to you all, I really wasn't expecting this response! Malcome, I found out about the issue from Nigel's Modelling bench channel on Youtube, he does a very detailed build and analysis of the good and bad points. He started producing the resin cores and I found mine on eBay. The video will explain more than I could on here. Many Thanks, the modelling desk is an old roll top bureau as it allows me to roll the top down when I am away or we have guests and my clutter just disappears. Keeps the long haired Wing Commander Happy!! Cheers Tony, as I mentioned to Malcome above, if you haven't already seen about the engine core issue have a look at Nigel's Modelling Bench on YouTube, save a few pitfalls. Again, Thanks for your comments. Must say I am quite chuffed with how this one has turned out. Matt
  10. Looks every inch the work horse she was. Wonderful build and finish. Matt
  11. Oooh I do like that Lovely build with a cracking finish, reminds me of building that kit as a kid, although with the decals straight onto the 3 colour plastic! Matt
  12. Hello All, Latest one off the bench is Airfix's lovely 1:24 Hellcat. Painless build with only issue I encountered being the engine core being to large for the rings to slide onto. Luckily I found this out during prebuild research and manage to locate an aftermarket resin version. I hate to think the amount of sanding, shaving and swearing that would have happened otherwise! As I started the build a friend of mine mentioned that his Grandad was on HMS Ruler and worked on the Hellcats and other FAA aircraft stored on board. HMS Ruler was the fleets resupply carrier, holding the spare aircraft to replace those damaged or lost in combat. Knowing this I couldn't resist finishing her as a FAA Hellcat, but one that was being prepped to move to another frontline carrier. This is why she is carrying a Sqn number but not a Sqn tail letter and also lightly weathered. Hoping to surprise him with the finished aircraft, as I would rather she goes to someone to whom it would mean something personal. Onwards to the finished article then. Painted with Tamiya, AK and Mr Color paints. Only after market items are the Master gun barrels and Top Notch Insignia paint masks. Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed the build. Cheers Matt
  13. Wow! orange is a horrible colour to work with in my experiance, and to get it looking solid and deep, you have done an amazing job there. What a cracking build, thanks for sharing. Matt
  14. What a beautiful build and finish. Brough back some happy memories of flying from Heathrow to Teesside on a DC9 to see my Grandparents. MAtt
×
×
  • Create New...