Jump to content

Enzo Matrix

Group Build Moderator
  • Posts

    12,813
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    37

Everything posted by Enzo Matrix

  1. Some excellent information on the F-106 Delta Dart here. https://www.f-106deltadart.com/
  2. Post your completed builds here. No more than five photos per entry. Please do not post comments in this thread. All comments should go in the subject's build thread.
  3. Post your reference information here. Please note if posting artwork or photos you must either be the copyright holder or have the copyright holder's permission to post. If you do not hold the copyright or have permission, then a link to the original website is permissible.
  4. Didn't need to. By the time I got around to soing something about it, @SoftScience had sorted it.
  5. The canopy is definitely hinged. The hinge is along the centreline which is incorrect for a Thud canopy but would have made the part easier to mould. However, the pivot pins are tiny and I imagine that the canopy would have followed a similar trajectory to the seat.
  6. This kit is pretty much as one would expect from a kit nearly 65 years old. It is covered in huge rivets! Millions of 'em! It also represents an early production aircraft without the cooling intakes on the rear fuselage. I usually build this sort of kit as a nostalgia build but this time round I think it will end up as a weird mutant - neither fish nor fowl. I am building a Trumpeter F-105 in the Century Fighters GB. I have replaced the cockpit with a resin unit and will not be using the fuselage cooling intakes. I will therefore be grafting these onto the Monogram kit but I won't be doing anything about the rivets or detailing the gear bays. I will also use the Trumpeter decals to represent the famous "Polish Glider". Lifecolor have released a new set of paints to represent the SEA camouflage scheme, so I will be trying these out on this build.
  7. This is my first build for this groupbuild. Scalemates states that the kit is originally from 1958 although this boxing is from 1976. I believe that the original version of this kit had a working ejection seat. The seat in this kit has a huge hook on the underside which fits into a slot in the cockpit floor but all the rest of the mechanism has been removed.
  8. You are quite right. It should be “if this GB gets through the Bunfight?"
  9. It's a bit of a fine line. The current Dornier 17 family STGB includes the Do 215 and Do 217, but they are very obvious developments of the Do 17. On the other hand, there is a groupbuild in the Bunfight for Hawker aircraft from the Tornado to the Sea Fury. Although there is a clear line of development, they are obviously different types so it becomes a standard GB. I think in this case it's best to look at it as the law would: is there precedent? I believe so. In a Spitfire STGB a few years ago we allowed the Spiteful and Seafang to be included. I think there is a similar relationship between the F-8 and A-7. We've done it before, so in fairness we should do it again. But I'm still not convinced they are they same type.
  10. It's 25 for an STGB. However, I'm not convinced that the F-8 and A-7 can be considered as a "single type".
  11. Post your reference information here. Please note if posting artwork or photos you must either be the copyright holder or have the copyright holder's permission to post. If you do not hold the copyright or have permission, then a link to the original website is permissible.
  12. Post your completed builds here. No more than five photos per entry. Please do not post comments in this thread. All comments should go in the subject's build thread.
  13. Marklo has a point. For decades people have been talking Matchbox kits down. They are simplistic. Low quality. And oh!... those trenches! This groupbuild has proved that there is a lot of love for Matchbox kits. They're not state of the art kits by any means. They weren't even that back in the day. But they are a lot of fun to build.
  14. Here we go. Hold on tight, rider! I added a modicum of detail to the "parcel shelf" just to make it look a bit more busy. The plastic card strips in the lower fuselage are to prevent the transparencies falling into the fuselage when they are fitted at the end of the build. Learniung from experience. The main undercarriage bays have three walls each. There is also a longitudinal bulkhead which is fitted to the interior of the wing uppersurface. The intake ducts are cast in resin components which fit nicely. Yhe nose undercarriage bay is built from three components. The instrument panels and consoles are provided as decals. The wing components were sprayed with aluminium paint from a rattle can.
  15. Turret assembly was completed and the interior masked off. The running gear was painted and fitted. The tracks were painted with Vallejo Panzer Aces 304 Track Primer. The rubber blocks were drybrushed with Lifecolor UA-733. Upper hull and turret fitted. and decals added.
  16. Yep... I've done it again! The model is finished and in the build gallery and I have (once again0 severely neglected a build thread. So let me try and catch up. The Achilles was produced by fitting a British 17pdr gun into an American M10 GMC. My thought process here was that the interior of the vehicle would remain in US olive drab, apart from the British components. The exterior would be repainted in SCC 15. I therefore sprayed the interior with Lifecolor UA-220 while the exterior and British components were sprayed with Lifecolor UA-270. The colour difference is quite apparent in this shot.
×
×
  • Create New...