Jump to content

AndrewMi

Members
  • Content Count

    31
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

358 Excellent

About AndrewMi

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Suffolk, UK

Recent Profile Visitors

323 profile views
  1. Hi everyone This is my 1/48 SU-30SM by Kitty Hawk. This was a very nice kit to build with great detail. The fit was good, only having large gaps on the air intakes and air brake. I had read reviews about the other su-27 and su-30 kits missing axles for the wheels but mine came with them so I'm guessing they have fixed it. The instructions did have a few mistakes, the paint guide didn't show the camouflage on the underside and showed the registration number from one of the other aircraft. The decals were decent but some of them took a few applications of micro sol to mak
  2. Hi everyone This is my 1/72 Su-24 by Trumpeter. The kit has nice recessed panel lines and rivets. The fit was good apart from the intakes and the nose which had a bit of sanding required. The landing gear were well detailed as well as the landing gear bays which had raised rivets and structure. Ak real colours Mig 31/25 was used for the grey and white primer for the underside. The decals were good but the stars and bull wouldn't conform to the panel lines and rivets even after many applications of micro sol. In the end, I just pushed the decal into the rivets with a needle. I mixed black
  3. Hi @Black Knight Wouldn't that remove the inner part of the exhaust which the flash is connected to? Thanks Andrew
  4. Hi everyone, I am about to start the kitty hawk su-30sm which came with these resin exhausts. I need advice on how to remove the flash without damaging the part as I have no idea how to. Thanks
  5. @Pete in a shed the only detail was the tail rotor shaft at the top and the frame work on the walls. There are small boxes on the wall next to the door to the cockpit and that is it. I'll try take a picture.
  6. Hi everyone, this is my 1/72 Zvezda MI-26 of the Russian Air force. The kit was great quality with lots of detail. The inside was very detailed with lots of structure and the tail rotor drive shaft visible. Fitting everything in the fuselage halves was easier than I expected and was a quick process. The only fitting problems I had was the two engine air intakes which didn’t align properly with the engine covers. The rotor blades had strong joins to the rotor hub and came pre bent. I did accidently break one of the joins to the hub but managed to glue it on correctly. I sprayed it with a dark e
  7. Hi everyone This is my 1/72 F-15E made from the newly released Academy kit 12568. The kit was incredibly good quality with amazing fit and covered in recessed rivets. The only thing that disappointed me was the exhausts which where simplified and lacking a lot of detail compared to the rest of the kit. I improved them by removing the thick bits of plastic and replacing them with thin bits of wire. The model required a small bit of sanding around the area where the cockpit section connects to the rest of the fuselage but that was it. The Invasion were not included as decals and there was n
  8. Hi everyone This is my Revell 1/72 EH-101 Merlin HM.1 representing the aircraft ZH860. The Kit had incredibly good detail, it had raised rivets along the sides of the aircraft but not the top or bottom. The fit was very good and required minimal filling and sanding. I drilled small holes into the stairs (if that is what they are called) at the side to try copy how it looked in pictures. The decals where good and conformed well to the surface detail. For weathering, I used panel liner to make the rivets more visible and oil paint to add small oil leaks and exhaust stains. I also used it lo
  9. Hi @Tripio Sorry, I dont usually take in progress photos. The only ones I have are before the decals and weathering were applied.
  10. Hi everyone This is my 1/72 Amodel AN-26RT. This kit had the worst fit I have ever dealt with. The fuselage had huge gaps along the top and in between the wings. The inside had a lot of detail, but you cannot see a lot of it. I forgot to add weight to the nose after sealing the fuselage, so I had to open the nose a fill it with weights. The panel lines where very shallow and some needed to be re scribed. I painted it in light ghost grey for the main body and medium sea grey for the nose. The decals did not conform well even after applying micro sol a few times. Thanks for looking
  11. Hi everyone This is my 1/72 AN-12BK-PPs by Roden. This is one of the most challenging kits I have made, due to the bad fit and quality of parts. The inside was well detailed but is difficult to see through the small windows. I had to fit in about a hundred grams of weight to stop it tail sitting. The panel lines were either deep or so shallow you could barley see them. I had to do a lot of sanding and filling between were the fuselage parts and the tail where attached. I painted it in Mig-0208 Dark compass ghost grey. The decals did not conform well even after having micro sol applie
  12. Hi @Romeo Alpha Yankee Yes it was the kit decals I used on the model.
  13. Hi everyone This is my 1/72 Merlin HC.3 by Italeri. This was a beautifully detailed kit of a beautiful aircraft. The panel line where nice and it had realistic raised rivets covering most of the model apart from the underside. It had a Very nice fit and required barely any filler. The inside was lacking detail, so I created the texture on the walls out of an old metal takeaway container. I created the texture by running the back of the hobby knife to create small lines. I painted it in RC027 Forest green. The decals conformed well to details and where nice and thin. I decided
  14. @Work In Progress I might just wait for that then Thanks
×
×
  • Create New...