Jump to content

Glen10k

Members
  • Content Count

    16
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

72 Good

About Glen10k

  • Rank
    Newbie
  • Birthday 12/07/1970

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Scotland

Recent Profile Visitors

214 profile views
  1. Opinions are always welcomed and appreciated. I think when you look at the animated Joker in comic books and cartoons you tend to get this style of stark contrast and grey, pale skin which is the kind of finish I was after, working of some images I have. If I was to do a Nicholson, Ledger, Phoenix Joker then he would be done differently. I get where your coming from though, the colours could have been warmed up a bit more. Thanks for the comment
  2. N&T productions Joker, a fantastic sculpt that was a joy to paint. Finished in a mix of acrylics and oils.
  3. Thanks for the replies, the H&S was my preferred choice and flexibility is important, the 2 colour cups and 2 nozzles gives a number of options that would suit what I want it for, I was just wanting some confirmation before I take the plunge.
  4. I'm in the market for a new airbrush and looking at the Harder and Steenbeck infinity CRplus 2 in 1 with 0.2 and 0.4 nozzles or alternatively something from the Iwata eclipse or High performance plus HP B or C model. Looking for a gravity fed airbrush and like the idea that the H&S has an interchangeable paint cup along with good reviews and I know Iwata has always been a popular and quality make. I'm just curious to have some opinion from the modelling community. Any downside to the H&S in relation to Iwata My current set up is a Paasche vls double action with siphon fed cup and
  5. N-T Productions Two Face bust in 1/4th scale. Single piece resin cast painted in artists oils. Not much else to say about this other than it's a beautiful sculpt.
  6. Are the competition classes open or do you need to be a ipms member to enter?
  7. Mooncrests kit is great out the box, beautifully cast, nice detail and looks accurate. I've replaced a few bits, notibly i've added white perspex on the rear console of the chair, built a more accurate backrest,replaced the beads on the head cage and built a custom made base. All the work is detailed in the WIP thread. So here he is, Davros played by Terry Molloy from Resurrection of the Daleks broadcast in 1984.
  8. Calling this one done now. I'll post some pictures up the the RFI section.
  9. I decided to have a go at building my own base for this and went for an octagonal design but tried to keep it simple. i just started building it up with a rough idea of what i wanted without really knowing how it would end up. A square cut out was left underneath to allow me to use fixings to secure Davros to the base Thicker plastic strip was used to create a small plinth effect around the base
  10. Thanks Chris, still new to this so wasn't sure about size and stuff like that but will look into it Cheers Glen
  11. Now onto the piece that makes this build, Davros himself. A beautiful sculpt and cast of the character played by Terry Molloy. Mooncrest do another Davros which is the original from the Tom Baker era played by Michael Wisher, i have this kit as well and it's just as good but thats maybe for a future build. This was a big challenge for me as i've always modelled in enamels and oils but i've decided to try to convert to acrylics especially for figure work. I bought a number of Vallejo sets and used a wet pallette to help keep the enamels from drying out and extend the working time. If you'v
  12. Onto the backrest now, built from scratch using screenshots and various resources. Most of my research for this whole build has come from project dalek website which is a must for any serious dalek fan. The plasticard was cut to shape and clipped at the bottom corners, a grove cut with a sharp point to allow the bends to be put in place then glue and filler run along the seam of the bends. The shoulders were gradually bent and rolled with the thin plastic holding the shape. Plastic strip was added to recreate the edging strip which helped hold the shoulder in a nice curve. The part going up th
  13. Next up was the front and rear console. The front was cleaned up, primered and given a coat of satin black. Alclad aluminium was used on the main console and this time i did add an oil piant black wash around the edges,buttons,switches and recesses to add some depth. The switches were picked out with enamels,oils and acrylics using screenshots to get the correct combination of colours. Some plastic strip was used on the underside to locate the front console for glueing. The 5 levers were left off till later in the build as they would be easily broken
  14. First up was the easy parts, finishing the skirt and hemispheres. The skirt was sanded,primered,sanded etc till i got a finish i was happy with, i use halfords grey primer and used their matt black for the bumper around the bottom of the skirt and their satin black for the rest of the skirt, front and rear console I drilled holes in the skirt in the centre of where the hemispheres will go to help locate and glue them in place. Each Hemi had a hole drilled in the rear and a piece of paperclip wire inserted into it, this helped to locate e
  15. Been away from the hobby for along time, but dipping my toe back in the water again with this kit. All my previous modelling has been 1/35th german armour but sci fi is a big part of my life as well, so here goes. This kit is mixed media resin, plastic and metal. Quality of parts and moulding is first class, a bit of clean up and filling but nothing more than any other kit. The kit does present a number of challenges and i have modified and changed some parts for more accuracy but that is in no way a critic
×
×
  • Create New...