Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

terrible4130

Members
  • Content Count

    28
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

32 Good

About terrible4130

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Chicago

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. These were exactly like the ones in the Autograph transkit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q3W1MH3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  2. Looking great! Those exhausts are stunning. What product are you using for the weld lines? Its good to be back on the forums after the holidays.
  3. I have been slowly making progress on the interior and after a final push It is complete! I had some challenges wrapping the seat fabric. I had to change the type of contact adhesive I used. Also the fabric on the rear of the interior tub had to be upholstered a couple times until I was happy. Luckily I just ordered red and grey women's tights from amazon for like 5 bucks. This fabric was very very similar to what was in the Transkit. Same with the seat belts material. The Transkit didn't come with much extra so I had to start over and purchased red ribbon from Amazon and it worked perfectly. Next is a couple finishing touches to the Dash. Then Its time to roll up the sleeves and tackle the turbos and exhaust...
  4. Thats correct those are simulated hex nuts. I got a variety from MMC and a variety of sizes from Knupfer as well. Knupfer is a GREAT resource. https://knupfer.info/shop/index.php/deutsch/imitate-und-spezialschrauben/micro-stehbolzen.html
  5. I hope you are able to work everything out with your next steps. I look forward to seeing your progress. Yea the decals are applied as normal. Im not sure what he was saying with the paste. Tips are just cutting them slightly oversized. A small amount of dish soap in the water. Brushing on Microsol and using a hair dryer. Some of the big symmetrical decals I actually cut in half to manage easier. Just as a precautionary measure.
  6. Dan, It is tempting to weather, but my plan for this was to build a showroom version. There will be a bit of weathering on the exhaust. My plan is to build another LM version of this build in the Pilot Pen livery. That one I would like to do substantial weathering. Yea, the green strips are just vinyl decals. I did have to do a fair bit of touchups on the decals. Just by cutting patches with the leftover decal material. Luckly as long as you match the pattern it is almost indistinguishable. Thanks for all the positive comments. Now I have to decide where to build next. I have been avoiding the turbos and exhaust. Im thinking about perhaps building the dash, or even the wheels next. Stay tuned.
  7. Hello, I have been on a steady push to complete the front end. I found the kevlar decals to be very enjoyable to apply. I ended up covering all monocoque and bucket seat shells. I tried to capture as much detail as possible on the pedal assembly. This required a bit of additional scratch building. It took me two tries for the hoses that come off the radiator. My second solution ive shown turned out to be very successful. 4mm bent brass tube soldered together as a sub assembly then inserted into the radiator PE with small polystyrene plugs. This allowed me to add the finicky hose clamps mush easier. Still a bit of clean up work also some more decals and some detail hardware and the front end should be done done... Thanks for looking. More updates soon!
  8. Big update today. I have completed the front suspension and brakes. Its nice to be able to tidy up the workbench with these assemblies. Getting all the nuts and bolts to cooperate when assembling the front suspension required some small paint touch-ups. You will see some notable scratch-built details on the brake calipers. I also received my next project. I will be building a Pocher 993. The plan is to build a GT2 clubsport, new front splitter, rear wing, widebody fenders and roll cage. Not to mention custom built wheels. But for now, the F40.
  9. Pascal, Thanks, I have made a lot more progress, I will be posting soon. I couldn't find any good photos of where that little tube went. I would love to see a photo if you have one. Although it may be too late foe me to fix it. We will see.
  10. Everything is looking great. I started working on the exhaust / turbo assemblies and man is it tedious.
  11. I built a little landing on the top of the trans axle with polystyrene and used the brass rod as shown in the diagram. I also built a little strap as you can see. The brass rod represents a small tube that actually just drains straight down after a few 90 degree turns. Look at the F40 diagrams included in the instructions.
  12. Both things you've mentioned were additional details ive scratch-built to be more realistic. Looking at photos and the diagrams that came with the kit you see there is so much more you can do. Its just a matter of where you draw the line.
  13. Yea, I actually took that tip from you. I sandwiched white plastic on the ends and basically just glued on end caps. That was a very useful trick.
×
×
  • Create New...