Jump to content

JohnHaa

Members
  • Posts

    218
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

JohnHaa last won the day on November 14 2019

JohnHaa had the most liked content!

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    the netherlands

Recent Profile Visitors

842 profile views

JohnHaa's Achievements

Established Member

Established Member (3/9)

1.8k

Reputation

  1. Have a look here Regards JohnHaa
  2. Julien, For many years I did one conversion in 1/48. There was only the old Monogram Mk.IX. aviable to me. I made one big mistake, the colours, in that time I did not have the right info only William Green's Fighters to work from, It was very difficult yo see, that the plane had the regular two tone camouflage with yellow undersite. Please have a look at this link for the results : https://www.modellversium.de/galerie/artikel.php?id=10006&origin=mb Regards, JohnHaa
  3. Heather, Excelllent results ! It is difficult to get that camouflage pattern just right ! BTW. did you know that a newly- built Fokker D.XXI made its first flight ? It is not a replica, but one, build from original drawings. Only the engine is different, it was not possible to find an airworthy Bristol Mercury engine. Have a look here: https://nl-nl.facebook.com/FlyingFokkerD21/ Regards, JohnHaa
  4. Well, I still have the old Inpact Model ! Now I gues its some 45 years old...:-) Don't look at the rigging, after all those years its a mess. But I still remember, that it was a joy to build, much better than I was used to. With regards, JohnHaa
  5. Heather, May be this is a useful site for you: https://www.fokker-history.com/ https://modelbrouwers.nl/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=224cb5303b4b3f13347b76c55b6ea0c7 Good luck with your Fokker T.V ! Regards JohnHa
  6. Peter, Yes, I made a tool myself. Take a piece of aluminum tube ( 0.014) , in it, you place thin copper wires and secure them with some AC glue . First time use it on a piece of sandpaper to get a smooth tip and your tool is ready for use Regards JohnHaa
  7. Maybe this topic is of some use ? With kind regards JohnHaa
  8. Graham, thanks for your comments I'm not an expert with the Bf-109 but this is, what I found in my book. As far as I understand it, the -H-1 was based on the early Bf-109G-5 with the pressurized cockpit. The bulges of later model -G-5 were the fairings of the MG- breeches, so I don't think they had a connection with the type of engine. The -H-1 had a DB 605A with GM-1 power boosting. The airframe of the Me-206 V6 was used for the construction of the Bf-109H V55. This type was developed much later then the -H-1. By chance I was digging in the stories of the later experimental versions, well that is complicated business and I still have to figure it out . The reason is I have a spare model which I like to use for a later type, like the Me-155B or the P-1091 series. With regards, JohnHaa
  9. Very nice model ! I like the way you kept the weathering to a minium. Afterall it was a prototype and was very clean. B.t.w. I did one years ago in scratch and in 1/48 from an old Air Enthusiat article. Cheerts JohnHaa
  10. Well I looked up some more information from the book I mentioned. There were several H-1's delivered to an experimental service evaluation unit based at Guyancourt, near Paris. It flew general satisfactory, it reached a service ceiling of 47,500ft (14.480 m). But as often the case with long span wings, it experienced some wingflutter in diving speeds above 455 m.p.h. ( 732 km/h). After some further testing it was decided to stop production in favour of the Focke- Wulf Ta-152H. JohnHaa
  11. Dear Members, Here I like to present one of my German highflyers. I build this model years ago. When Otaki brought out this model I bought several, planning to convert them in several different versions. I made the wing extensions with thick plastic sheet, removed all the bulges of the G-series, added a 4 blade prop and made new , larger span elevators, with two struts. Finally I replaced the coolers to the new innerwings. As reference I used a three-view drawing from the book : Messerschmitt Bf-109 “The Augsburg Eagle “ by Willliam Green. I know there is some confusion about the prop, was it a 4- or 3- blade, I still don't know, but I like the 4- blade one.... The photographs were taken with lesser light I preferred , but I hope you enjoyed them anyhow ! Kind greetings JohnHaa
  12. Chris, My compliments with this difficult conversion of this less known Douglas. I like the idea; for using a DC-3 as starting point. A lot of work but you did a fine job. Thumbs up ! Greetings, JohnHaa
  13. Dear members, Thank you for your kind comments ! Cheers, JohnHaa
  14. Dear members, Thanks for the kind replies ! If you are interested in my latest build, have a look at this Wip: http://www.aviationofjapan.com/2020/03/ki-74-patsy-in-148-by-john-haas-part.html Regards, JohnHaa
  15. Dear modellers, When Roy vd M presented his topid of his excellent Yokusuka “Ginga ” I remembered another Japanese aircraft with beautiful lines, my opinion of course...:-) So after some searching in my photo collection, I dug up this picturen. Long time ago I build this model, as one of my first two engined planes in scratch. This model is made out of solid wood, besides the tail feathers, which are made of thick plastic sheet, the same for the props and undercarriage and some smalles parts. The cockpit canopy is a home made vacuform. I hope you will enjoy the photgraphs ! Kind regards, JohnHaa
×
×
  • Create New...