Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

337 Excellent


About Lorebor

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

239 profile views
  1. Markus, I eliminated the big antenna aft of the cockpit... ...some minor changes in the instrument panel... ...A-37 exhausts are bigger than T-37's exhausts, so I closed and rebuilt them... ...wingtips were scratchbuilt with some styrene layers and sanded to shape... ...air intake must be modified... ...wheels were scratchbuilt in resin on a lathe... ...I also scratchbuilt some new landing gear doors...
  2. I spent a few months in Sheppard in the Nineties, then I moved to Reese AFB where I got my wings flying the Tweet and the T-38...Wichita Falls was a nice place to live in...
  3. Hello, this is a Cessna T-37 converted from the Trumpeter A-37. It belongs to the 89th Flying Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB. Decals were self made...
  4. Most of it is done with the airbrush, then I use oils as I described in this topic: F-104 Cheers!
  5. Bob, here’s how I did it: I made a resin copy of the front cockpit throttle assembly and the rear cockpit left console: I then scraped all the details on the rear cockpit left console: The left console details (radar and radio controls on the real plane) were moved backward and glued behind the throttle assembly: The only part that is really hard to reproduce is the rear cockpit flight instruments cover; thankfully, a friend of mine 3d-printed it for me… Hope it hepls...
  6. Hello, this is an Italian Revell Tornado (1/32); it was converted into a "trainer" version modifying the Aires cockpit with scratchbuilt and 3d-printed parts... Decals come from Tauromodels range...
  7. I highlighted all the raised areas with Vallejos, using hues that are much lighter than the base color; after that, I made an oil wash with a hue much darker than the base color, trying to push the oil in the recesses. You can notice that on the door, where the ribs are painted with a green lighter than the base color... Hope it helps...
  8. ...who knows...but I like to think so I used Tamiya AS-12, sprayed with my the airbrush and diluted with Tamiya Lacquer Thinner. The darker panels were painted with the same AS-12 added with a drop of Alclad Steel. After laying the decals, I coated the model with Future diluted with Tamiya X-20A Thinner, did a dark grey oil wash and airbrushed a very light layer of Gunze Flat Clear...
  9. Hello, this is my 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire, converted from MkIXc to MkIXe; markings are from Isradecal, the figure comes from the Blackdog range...
  10. Thank you, that was very helpful!
  11. Hello everybody, I’m starting a 1/48th Revell CH-53 and I’d like to reproduce the rivets on the fuselage. Both Archer and HGW make them in resin on clear decal film, but I’ve received an unsatisfactory feedback from a friend of mine about the HGW item. Has anyone of you ever used Archer rivets, so that you can give me a feedback on them? Thanks in advance! Lorenzo.
  12. Exactly, all the rigging attachment points are eyeholes; most of them are provided as photoetched parts in the kit; the missing ones (those on the tail booms and landing gear) were made with copper wire rings. The fishing line goes through the eyeholes and the Albion Alloys tubes as shown in this picture: Cheers! Lorenzo
  13. Gary, I didn't count the hours I put in the rigging process but I can tell you it was a big number I started with the rigging of the engines struts because it would be almost impossible to reach them once installed between the upper and lower wings. After gluing the engines and the upper wing, I did the rest of the rigging between the wings. Only then, I glued the tail booms and rigged the rest of the plane (tail, landing gear, tail booms) I used 0.10 mm fishing line; the turnbuckles were made with 0.5 mm Albion Alloys aluminum tube, paint
  14. Hi everybody, this is a Copper State Caudron G.IV, 1/48. Figures come from the Eduard range and some of them were slightly modified; everything else was scratchbuilt...hope you like it...
  • Create New...