Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Colwyn Bay, North Wales
  • Interests
    Football.(Toon) xbox.

Recent Profile Visitors

698 profile views

magpie1832's Achievements

New Member

New Member (2/9)



  1. Hi everyone, thanks for looking in and comments. Here is the flak gun in stages. I've made 3 now. Very slow. Chris
  2. Many thanks guys. I have made one of the 20mm flack 38 guns. The pics show the kit part vs the pontos one. The kit one has 3 pieces where as the pontos one has 25 parts. I will show a break down of parts when I build the rest. This one took an hour and half to do. Chris.
  3. Thanks for looking in and your nice comments guys. I have made up the main turrets and made all the blast bags from resin sculpting clay. I also made the twin 10.5cm guns. They just need the PE fitting to them next. Chris
  4. Thanks for looking in and nice comments. I have now made the 2 cranes which were a royal pain in the backside to make. You need 4 hands to hold things and glue things. I think these are not bad. Would probably do differently next time. Chris
  5. There isn't any black trim around the forward structure. I think it looks that way from the shadows. The only black paint on the ship is the hull banding. Chris
  6. Hi guys, thanks for looking in and nice comments. I have now done all the boats and finished painting and adding the rest of the deck items. Leaving me the railings, all the guns and cannons then the masts and rigging. Chris
  7. Many thanks to all who posted and looked in. Here I have sprayed, weathered and fitted the breakwaters and the cranes. Had a few problems with the paint. It kept blocking the airbrush the bottle is nearly empty but has gone off after 5 months. Yet the other bottles are fine. Have ordered another light grey to replace it for weekend spraying. Chris
  8. Thank you for your nicth comments and for looking in. Here I have made the catapult and installed it also I have started to make the breakwaters. Chris
  9. Hiya guys, thanks for looking in. I have now primed and painted ready to fit. Chris
  10. @steve5 I use dark brown acrylic watered down quite thin then brush lightly around edges. Build it up slowly with a couple of layers if needed, also I make different shades of brown and thin them slightly less and do the odd plank. Practice on the wood thats left over surrounding the actual deck on the sheet. That way you can get it right first. This was my first attempt so you should be able to do it quiet easily. Thank you so much for the nice comments guys and for looking in. I have made the last rangefinder and made the brass mast to fit on too. I have also made the last pice to fit on the rear structure. I have primed but no pics until next time as they are drying at moment. Chris
  11. Hi guys, thanks for your nice comments and looking in. @steve5I cut small squares of masking tape (Kabuki or tamiya) then just stick them on carefully and peel off carefully. It can be stressful and time consuming but worth it. I have now done the camo pattern and weather it. I also installed the steps and glue the section to the hull. Chris
  12. Hi guys, I saw this kit on line and simply had to buy it. This is the limited edition 3000 kits. Joy yard Uss Missouri 1/350. I had to buy from Australia as couldn't find it available anywhere else. They seem to be a new company. The kit comes in great packaging. It has plastic/polystyrene molded box so all parts fit in without becoming loose. The manual is in colour but from reviews I've read they are not the greatest with many bits incorrect but that didn't put me off. The plastic sprues are very well molded but quite a few have flash but not to much of a problem. There is also 10 sheets of PE. This kit is designed in a way that you use the PE parts no optional but compulsory. The detail is removed for you ready for the PE and all the holes pre drilled for the steps etc. There is also some brass cannons too replace the moulded ones. There is also a deck masking sheet. I also got the Artwork deck to go with it. Well I will let the pics do the talking now. I won't be building it for a while but thought you all might like to see this kit. Chris
  13. Hi guys, thanks for your nice comments. Sorry for the delay in posting update but I lost my father to covid a few weeks ago but am back now building. I have installed all the vents and then made a start on the rear structure. Removing and adding detail both PE and scratch built. Then giving it a coat of grey. I also bought a new kit which I will post pics for you all to drool over the detail. I personally was shocked at the amount of detail it has. Chris
  14. Thanks guys for looking in and comments. I have started to make the Skylights. I removed them at the beginning as the moulded ones are completely naf even with the PE fitted on them so I have made them out of styrene. I had to make a jig to cut them. There is 28 to make. Also I have started the other skylights on 9 of these ones. Also made 2 more boat stands. Chris
  15. Thanks all for looking in. Here I have weathered to what I think is enough without overdoing it. Chris
  • Create New...