Jump to content

Kitchen Modeller

Gold Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Kitchen Modeller last won the day on February 24 2020

Kitchen Modeller had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2,983 Excellent

About Kitchen Modeller

  • Rank
    Obsessed Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    New Zealand

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thanks for all the kind comments guys Thanks Andres - I really like your stuff too Thanks for your comments Nikola. The photos are overexposed- which I typically do so all the subtle variations in the paint work are visible- so it’s not as extreme in real life. That said, I did purposely weather the cowling to reflect a passage I read in the book ‘The big show’ by renowned tempest pilot Pierre Clostermann - he described flying the typhoon where oil poured out of every orifice and from every rivet on the cowling - the canopy had a film of oil on it all t
  2. Thanks John - I did indeed use a lightbox - nothing fancy, just some foam board taped together with some led work lights. It’s not amazing but definitely better than nothing at all
  3. Hi all - here's my recently completed Typhoon in 1/48. The kit from Hasegawa is quite good despite it's age (1999) - though the fuselage inserts (allowing either car door or tear drop variants) are a pain to deal with - much sanding and rescribing is required to make the seams disappear. You also get large gaps at the top which require alot work to deal to. Big gaps in the wing roots too! Out side of those problems - the fit is actually pretty good. Eduard reboxed this kit and the fact that this is stil
  4. Nice work - love the weathering
  5. Thanks Wlad - I used uschi line medium for the aerials - it’s that stretchy stuff that makes it quite easy to use - with some ca accelerator, this was a pretty quick job.
  6. Thanks Andrés - I've actually used the tamiya colours before but found them to be overly dark - Mr Color are a little better but still quite off. I've bought some AK Acrylics as I've heard they are quite good so we'll see how I go with them - endless experimentation! I think it's a subject worth exploring as I have quite a few models in the stash that use this colour scheme. Thanks for your compliments on the oils - I'm still finding way with using these - it's now more a case of learning when and where not to use them, Thanks Some of the modulation was done during the p
  7. Thanks Dave - yes you’re quite correct - I had to compromise and use the later type as the type As provided by fundekals refused to conform and it became clear that they just were not going to work - I had the later type there so just used them / a shame as it’s not accurate but I thought using the later type was better than no roundel at all.
  8. Hi All - finished up my latest this weekend - Tamiya's older MkV spit. In spite of it's age, it's still quite a nice kit and goes together very well. I added Eduard's cockpit details set and landing flaps. Paddy Finucane is a childhood hero of mine - a remarkable pilot and natural leader who still holds the title of the youngest wing commander in RAF history - He was a hero of the Battle of Britain and was credited with 28 aerial victories - making him possibly the highest scori
  9. Hi Walter - no problem: Mr Color 117 RLM 76 - underside Alclad airframe aluminum Mr Color 121 RLM 81 - lightened this quite a bit as I used Jerry Crandall's book "Yellow 10" as my main reference and the paintings in that showed the RLM as being quite light Mr Color 122 RLM 82 Mr Color 123 RLM 83 Nose colour: Mr Color 124 Dark green (mitsubishi) mixed with a little yellow - though this was as close I could get it / I'd look for a different shade if I was doing this again as I wasn’t 100% happy with how it turned out. Hope this helps. Cheers
  10. Is the other one my one? Or am I being presumptuous Very nice work - love the scheme on this and it does look nice and sleek clean. Top notch.
  11. Thanks for all the kind comments guys thanks Sam - all in well down here in New Zealand. Just heading into summer now so hopefully lots of bench and beach time (in that order)
  12. Hi all - my final completion for 2020 is the Eduard D-13 weekend edition. A nice kit if a little tricky in places - I like many others doing eduard’s doras struggled to get a good fit on the gunbay covers which if you want to display closed, requires a bit of surgery. Other than that, things went together pretty smoothly. The scheme is what drew me to this and I was happy with how that turned out. I replaced some of the kit parts with wire and steel tubing, such as the gun barrels and pilot tube -added wiring to the wheel bay and added some pe seatbelts. Other than that’s it out of the box. P
  • Create New...