Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

51 Good

About jimhurst

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Twickenham, England

Recent Profile Visitors

132 profile views
  1. Hi Matt, Thanks, I didn't realise they come up with logos on, im a bit of a newbie at this, will try your recommendation, thanks for the heads up! Jim
  2. Thanks to Matt for pointing out the the Photobucket Logo is visible on all the pictures, i have now uploaded them using Flickr so they should be uninterrupted! Hi All, here is my first completed Armour Diorama, based on a Tamiya T34 with additional figures from MiniArt as well as the MiniArt Russian Street Diorama, there are a few build pics, although I'm sure that the build of this venerable kit has been covered in much better detail and by somebody able to take better photos than me, but here goes, The assembled upper and lower hulls along with the wheel sets and tur
  3. Thanks guys for the encouragement! here are a few more pictures of progress so far! The lower deck has had an initial coat of Tamiya Flat Brown to mimic the bus on display prior to highlighting some of the aluminium detailing and some light weathering. the wheels have been painted with Tamiya X16 Gloss Purple which seems to be a good colour match for the original, time will tell!, if not then i will have to look to mixing a custom colour, although given the quantity if i can find something 'off the shelf' it will definitely be an advantage Also the Drivers cab has been given two coat
  4. Hi Reliant1864, thanks for your kind words, i hope to do it justice, I'm actually now in Twickenham (Long Story!) unfortunately there really isn't anywhere near that is useful for supplies so i tend to resort to the good old Interweb! there was a shop in Rochester but its since closed down, with the demise of their sister shop and ModelZone in Maidstone along with the modelshop at Newnham Court really i don't this there is anywhere, Online, Wonderland Models and Hiroboy have good online shops which i have used a few times - Happy Modelling!
  5. Hi to all of you who have been following this thread, firstly a massive apology to all of you for the distinct lack of action on this build. Its been a hectic (and not very good year) following a house move my modelling bench is once again unpacked and dusted off so i thought i would share the updated pics of work so far. the image below shows the outer shell and interior fixed together with filler applied (badly) awaiting rubbing down to neaten everything up! I have removed the front panel and radiator surround from the RM kit along with the bonnet and nearside wing/w
  6. Defiantly! along with the 2 tonnes of extra lead ballast as well, only skinny wizards on the top!
  7. Work this evening has been mainly concerned with the back end.... The lower panel has had the rear light detail shaved/sanded off and the number plate recess filled ready to sanded smooth and then I will mark out for the new number plate recess (on the Routemaster its central, on this version of the Regent is on the offside) And work to the rear upper panel The curved upper roof section is removed to make the back for the middle deck, I cut along the rain strip on the top of the window to leave as much of the frame as I could to aid with making good
  8. Great, thanks Rich as always for the advice! Im already encountering a number of reductions, so far ive shortened both upper decks and also reduced the top deck in width to keep the tapering proportions! Jim
  9. Blimey, hats off to you! and shame on my lack of research!!!, ok so my intention might be to make something that looks a little like a Regent-Based Knight Bus... from 100 yards away.... in the rain...... at night, to be honest I was going more for a visual representation but thanks for the heads up, what sort of engine did the Regent have , I assume not the same as a Routemaster, I know the bus used in the film has a modern Scania (I think) coach engine in it due to the two tones of lead ballast added to stop the bus tipping over on corners,
  10. Many thanks Rene, I may yet chicken out too! hopefully it will turn out something similar to a regent which as far as I can tell seems apart from the cab (exposed Nearside front wheel arch and taller, narrow radiator) fairly similar - I think they were both Park Royal bodied vehicles!
  11. The final part of the work so far ( before I have to go and play at my real job!) the initial modification of the front upper body and roof section The Destination Blind Box has been removed to be filled in later as per the research pictures ( the Destination Bind on the real bus is much smaller) The front roof section has also been removed with a razor saw just about the top rain-gutter/body moulding
  12. The following photos show the modification of the chassis, essentially 27mm was removed from just behind the front wheels (the flattest part of the chassis) and the joints reinforced with Micro strip prior to sanding and filling
  13. The Conversion to reduce the wheelbase has been detailed several times on here by modellers much more skilled than me so I hope you will forgive me for passing over these steps, here is a mock up of the lower decks fitted to the chassis with wheels and real axle fitted as per the instructions
  14. The first step of the build is to remove the 'Central Bay' from the bodysides to reduce the wheelbase to the standard rather than the RML (Long) Each side has a 'staggered cut' to remove the unwanted section the pictures prior to the application of lashings of filler!
  • Create New...