Jump to content

Ian T

Gold Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

462 Excellent

1 Follower

About Ian T

  • Rank
    Inside there’s a failed musician still trying to get out!!
  • Birthday 07/11/1955

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Brisbane Australia
  • Interests
    Wooden ships, motorbikes and music

Recent Profile Visitors

1,266 profile views
  1. Happy birthday!! What a present, I’ve never seen anything like that before. Good to see such variety in this section of Britmodeller. I’m following this for sure.
  2. Hi @kpnuts, it’s looking really good. I replaced the belts on my build with thin leather straps that I found at a local craft market, they looked so much better. Hope you can find something suitable. Regards Ian
  3. Those lines on the wheels are impossible!! I did the rivets where the spokes join the rim OK, but as for the lines, I painted the space in between the parallel lines and that had to do I’m afraid. As for the other Bandai kits, the friend that gave me the Pendle Princess also gave me the Mercer Raceabout kit from the same era. I’m itching to get started on it, but we’re in the throes of moving house and I’m afraid the the modelling section has been packed up temporarily, but I will be posting my attempt at the Mercer in the New Year I guess.
  4. Hi @kpnuts, looking really good so far. You may have seen my build of this one, it was a bit of a devil at times but I enjoyed the build in the end. It looks like your decals are in better condition than mine were. Due to a lack of display space and an impending house move I gave my finished kit to the local steam museum. They were over the moon with it I’m pleased to say. I’ll be tagging along with your build if I may. Regards Ian
  5. Ian T

    Hi from the UK

    Hi Nick, here is a link to my first wooden model, I’ve just had a look at the links that you sent ...... wow, that’s great work indeed, I absolutely love them. I don’t want to double your work with the other forum, but it would be great to see a “work in progress” on the second model On this forum, she looks superb. Keep up the great work, I’ve now been shamed into looking at getting back back to my second kit ..... Thanks and regards Ian
  6. Ian T

    Hi from the UK

    Hi Nick, welcome to the forum, I’ve built and completed one wooden ship (in the completed section of the ships parts of the forum if your interested) and like you, I’m building my second, but it’s very, very slow and I’ve been distracted by plastic lately. I prefer civilian vehicles especially the Tamiya bike kits, but at the moment I’ve gone over to the dark side and building a Fairey Swordfish kit. I’d love to see your wooden boats. Regards Ian
  7. That’s stunning, no more, no less ....
  8. Nice work Gorby, I love the build and the story.
  9. A long time between posts, but I’m not a prolific model builder. So since my last post I’ve spent quite a few hours working on the Swordfish with, what seems like, not much to show for it. I spent some while painting the crew and was reasonably pleased with the result, but I’ve never been really happy brush painting Tamiya flat colours, they always seem to be a bit shiny. Also, I didn’t do a good job of de-seaming the crew. Then I did the instrument panel and used the Eduard photo-etch components and was pleased with that. Next up was painting the interior of the fuselage, followed by dry fitt
  10. Nice build mate, I like that!!
  11. I’ve read several comments about having difficulties with the PE rigging. I’ve got both the Tamiya PE set that came with the kit and I bought the Eduard set which is more comprehensive (the Tamiya set would have probably been enough in hindsight), but I’ll check out both sets of rigging and see if there appears to be any difference. Thanks for the “warning”.
  12. So I’ve finally got around to starting the build on the Swordfish and my first reaction is that 1/48 scale is a shock to the system, both in terms of my eyesight and my hands (I’ve got a bit of arthritis in most of my fingers). Also I’ve been struggling with the photo-etched parts. I’ve never used photo-etch before and although they’re incredibly detailed, I’ll only be using the larger pieces that I feel I can cope with. Many of the photo-etch parts require the original plastic to be filed or cut away, if I then stuff up the photo-etch part I would have a problem. So I’ll be workin
  13. Thanks Iain, I didn’t think that I needed the photo-etch belts, but it had to be worth asking. I had some remarkable help over in the vehicles section of the forum, in my opinion, this has to be one of the best forums of this type on the internet. Regards Ian
  14. Hi Aircraft Modellers, depending on your outlook in life, I’ve either just left or just come over to the dark side. For the last couple of years I’ve been lurking on the “Vehicles, Non-military” section of Britmodeller. But at a recent swap-meet I came across a 1/48 Fairey Swordfish that looked complete and was about half the full price here in Brisbane, Australia. My last aircraft modelling would have been around the mid 1960’s when I was much, much younger and butchered Airfix Spitfires for a pastime. When I got the kit home I found that the kit included the Tamiya photo-etch parts (so an e
  • Create New...