Jump to content

chrispisme

Members
  • Content Count

    301
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by chrispisme

  1. That’s Vallejo water based putty, smoothed out with a damp finger and a quick blast of Tamiya acrylic gloss white thanks!
  2. Out of the box with decals from a CL-215 with the reg. changed from C-FAFO to C-FAFQ as always, striving for mediocrity Thanks for looking
  3. Done! Nowhere near perfect but that's the way I roll... I should put these on RFI I guess.
  4. True, before I primed and painted the model i could see the yellow plastic glowing in the dark across the hall from the bedroom at night.
  5. I have added most of the decals I'm going to use, to be honest the Revell kit decals are junk! they're out of register and made of... cardboard. I struggled my way through getting some in place but the multi colored ones failed me and almost got the whole project pitched into the garbage. A walk away and a cup of coffee sorted out the mood and I pulled off the Revell decals, masked and painted the important ones (others will be left off) the Heller Saskatchewan decals given me by a friend who wasn't using them worked perfectly. Rant over back to building
  6. Good progress! Well done. Will be nice to see it come together when I worked at the local airport here there were about 20 F 28’s next door for many years, the last few years there’s been a loader and digger destroying them all (“Canadian Regional” surplus I guess) I doubt any of them were still airworthy by their appearance. pulling up a chair for the build.
  7. THATS AWESOME!! and the minute you put on the final pieces and set it in the display cabinet the Kinetic one will become available...well I’m still hoping anyway, there’s no way I could do what you’ve done to get as good a C 17 from this kit
  8. It's a bit of a mundane topic compared to the fighters and jets on here...but it's progressing. I used a ton of masking tape and had a devil of a time getting that tape to stay down with all the rivets (A smarter man would have sanded them off) Thanks for looking
  9. I sprayed the model with Tamiya fine white surface primer (rattle can) then acrylic white and finally with Tamiya lacquer gloss white, much masking to do yet to get the green stripes on the engines etc. as well as remove a seam on the nose before the flat black goes on. Thanks for looking
  10. moving along at a fair pace; some of the tons of filler...not after sanding Thanks for looking
  11. Started a day or two ago and, in progress; Thanks for looking
  12. coming along nicely already! By the way that vac. kit isn't ugly...not even close...that kit is looking at ugly in the rear view mirror, ugly is a long ways behind it! This looks like a great kit! I may have to hunt one down. Someday.
  13. Thanks very much guys! oddly enough I didn’t see the paint creep until after I posted the pics! Since it’s acrylic green over lacquer white I buffed it away with Tamiya polishing compound on a Qtip, sharp eye there! Thanks!!
  14. Built from the box, kit decals little to no upgrades. Constructive comments welcome Thanks for looking
  15. Thanks! Coming from a true master of civil aviation I’ll definitely accept that!! thank you very much! Ill take that , thank you, at least you didn’t say from the province you can watch your dog run away from home for 4 days, 5 if you stand up! Maybe the 415 now...
  16. all dressed and first flight to the shelf completed The kit decals were used and performed perfectly (with a coat of Mr. Mark setter) Thanks to all who stopped by for a look and for those who helped and commented!
  17. Thank you kindly! Most of the paint work is done and some decal work is in progress, as well, I've added some wear to illustrate the "dirty bird" (A term usually associated with fried Chicken) this is. Thanks for looking
  18. lovely work! love the Matrix droopy spoon meme...that's not a reference to those struts is it?
  19. well...wait no longer, the masking just came off (overspray mostly polished out where it happened) and beginning to move ahead with assembly again. I painted the nacelle's two tone blue (both dark blue, one metallic) and mixed the blue with equal parts black The tape on the bottom is to protect the finish until the wheels can be attached Thanks for looking
  20. Thanks for the encouragement and kind words! A marathon of masking and the overall green is on, I'll let this set up (dry) a bit before allowing my usually impatient self from handling it too much and ending up with a thumb print in the fresh paint. That's all I've got for now Thanks for looking
  21. Yaaaaaa, those struts wouldn't stand a snowballs hope in he.....(you know where) of supporting the model.
×
×
  • Create New...