Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

131 Excellent

1 Follower

About Tweener

  • Rank
    New Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    United States
  • Interests
    Curtiss and Douglas aircraft of the 1930s.

Recent Profile Visitors

303 profile views
  1. Tweener

    Post-War Mitchells

    I've just started on the big Monogram 1/48 B-25J, and though I like the looks of the Finito Benito, Next Hirohito decal scheme, I am more interested in doing something post-war for a change. I know that B-25s were used by both Air Training Command and Material Air Transport Command, but finding period photo's has so far tended to elude me. I'm curious as to whether anyone knows if there were any standard markings used for these birds, and if so what they were / if decals are available for them. As of now, the plan is to make the bird seen below, assuming it is in any degree of standard markings. I don't know if it it just me, or are most of the engine cowlings finished in flat black? Thanks in advance, Tweener
  2. I'll try to get started this weekend!
  3. @72modeler @Corsairfoxfouruncle@dogsbody One thing I should probably note is that for now, I am only focusing on USAAC types. Would you still be interested? As for format, I am thinking I will type up short descriptions of each of the aircraft (2-3 paragraphs) with all the photos I can find. Does that sound good? Thanks, Tweener
  4. Would anyone be interested in having a collection of photos of the Curtiss Hawk Series all in one place? I have been compiling as many photos as I can find and have been sorting them out by type (P-6A, YP-20, XP-23, just to name a few). I have been thinking about posting this as a sort of one-stop reference to the series, but I'm not sure if interest is high enough, or where exactly I should post them if it is. Is anyone interested or does anyone have advice? Thank You, Tweener
  5. I rather like Vallejo faded PRU blue myself
  6. Well, this really shouldn't have taken as long as it has, but life has that effect, does it not? After spending far too long painting and repainting the AHT-5, I've finally gotten it to a point I'll call good enough. Next, I just need to do a small bit of detail painting and find replacement wheels. The kit ones were less than presentable and I've lost one of them in any case. On my next trip back home, I should be able to call this one done - the first finished model in much too long. Thanks, Tweener
  7. I've got one of these in the stash I really should have gotten to by now, I've long thought it to be one of the better looking planes of it's day. With your talents, I'm surprised you haven't produced the Finnish F13s with radial engines. Perhaps in the future?
  8. I myself was always curious as to why a twin engine configuration wasn't tried before 3 engines were decided on. In any case, I too am working on a 52 under a different name - C-79. Right now it's backlogged while I search for an RLM 02 that can actually be brushed. I'll be following, Tweener
  9. Having one of these nearing completion, I definitely agree it is a great kit. I'll need to see to picking up at least one more for the sake of building a night fighter as well. I'll be watching - Tweener
  10. You really are making a gem out of this one Moa. It is very refreshing to see an LVG conversion such as this compared to the more usual de Haviland conversions of similar birds. I'm now quite tempted to see if I can't toss together a Lithuanian LVG, but I think the markings would do me under quite quick. Perhaps in time. Until then, I'll be watching this one to completion - best of luck.
  11. Romanian Aircraft would tend to have been painted in a single topside color, so I would say you are making the right choice. Just remember that the bottom of the wing tips (and possibly the engine cowling) would be yellow, and that there would be a yellow band around the rear fuselage as well. As for Bulgarian Colors, I don't know much, but Carmel Attard at Modelling Madness has finished a huge number of Bulgarian, Hungarian, and Romanian aircraft and would know better than anyone I can think of. I don't know how easily he can be reached, but he may have commented on the colors in one of his many articles. Best of luck!
  12. I'll go pull out my book on Romanian Aircraft of WW2, but I believe it would be 72/73/65. Edit: 72/73/65 is indeed the way to go. It might be worth noting that only 2 of the order of 30 aircraft were removed from their crates before the Soviet occupation began.
  13. Now that I actually use my brain, I can see that when it was 1-2 % pure aluminum, it is referring to an outer layer as opposed to an amount within the overall alloy.
  14. I'm still working out how to do a C-49 myself. The joys of buying decal sheets without knowing what the decals will go on! I really should stop doing that.
  15. So the book doesn't have as much information as I remembered it having, but @Roger Holden seems to be correct. The only difference I could find was that the Alclad layers weren't pure aluminum, but vastly closer to pure than the airframe itself.
  • Create New...