Jump to content

Parrish

Members
  • Content Count

    36
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

140 Excellent

About Parrish

  • Rank
    Newbie
  • Birthday 04/16/1959

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    County Durham

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Some progress, looking more like some deep water squid! Cockpit is basic, Yuri will be happy when I get him in.
  2. Very basic cockpit completed, wont see anything with that canopy on anyway! I will sit Pilot 'Yuri' into his seat when hes ready as no pilot came with the kit 'Yuri' will be looking very much like a British Spitfire pilot. The two fuselage half's are now together and the concave air intake fitted to the top of the front fuselage. Rear tail plane to attach next and those Props (short shot) again Spitfires to the rescue, although they are a little short at the moment. Erecting a Log cabin this next week so their will not be much progress for a while.
  3. A bit more filing and sanding and I think those canopy slides look a lot better being thinner.
  4. Here she is finished, made the mistake of spraying with a Matt finishing varnish so the fuselage has lost its gloss. One of the outer diagonal struts will not stay put when attached to the underside of the top wing, so it can stay like that! as I tend to detach other pieces each time I try to re-secure it. I was eyeing up doing the rigging on her but ill leave that to another day. As i mentioned before i have very carefully put her on the shelf and so far nothing has dropped off. Thank you all for your encouragement and advice, it helps a lot to get praise, on wards to the
  5. Progress today revolves around sorting the canopy out, im going for a IL-2 so no rear gunner, however as you can see the canopy is cast flat with no step. The other canopy is 2-3mm too short in length, I have damage to the side of the IL-2 canopy (see previous post) which has to be sorted, so what did I do? I cut the IL-2 canopy and the sanded down the rear thereby removing the damaged area, looks a lot better and I am sure after some fetling will look good. I will have to attack those canopy slides on the side body of the fuselage, they are far too fat/big for the scale.
  6. Oh I do like a challenge! I am just coming to the end of the Tiger Moth build so started digging around in the stash for my next project, i previously completed 2 Airfix IL-3 so though that I would add another to the shelf. The Skala boxing is very bright as is the plastic inside which looks like bright green marble! Two Sprue with various defects, main problem is the props (see photo) which is the result of a 'short shot', those undercarriage supports are deformed as well. Two canopy's of clear plastic contained in a separate clear bag both canopy's have damage to the side, w
  7. All manner of clamps required to keep them struts in place! I am sure that when finished this will sit on the shelf and bits will drop off over time. She is very fragile. one under carriage brace the tail fin/prop and transfers to finish, maybe by the weekend.
  8. Stuck with the recommended colour H20 still looks a little dark. Lower wing and rear wing added, the painting of the wings worked out very well, im pleased with the colour and finish. Next step is to add the undercarriage and all the struts, followed by the upper wing, remembering to fit the front screen before hand, and the doors. I added the transfers to the lower wing for ease of access.
  9. Im stalled at the moment, your ahead of me know. I have colour problems, as I am doing red and silver I have the fuselage to finish before I attach any wings, just need to sort the red out. Advice from some 'Black Knight' is to fit the front screen before attaching the upper wings. My fat fingers are going to be a hindrance with those struts when it comes to fitting them. This is the recommended colour on the box! 'Humbrol 20' I think im going to go with 'Revell 30'
  10. A quick coat of 'Revell 31' certainly looks better.
  11. Need some help with colour's here. The recommended 'Humbrol' colour is 'Crimson Red H20' but it just looks wrong. Anyone any ideas? should i continue with second coating or use another lighter red which might because of a crimson undercoat look wrong again? I could always put a coat of undercoat and start again? For now ill go do some FIAT twin cam Cylinder head work and come back to this after your thoughts. Steve
  12. I am currently building the same model at the moment OOB and I am at a similar stage see WIP , although I have gone for open doors, I also noticed that you have managed to break of the upright on the very rear of the fuselage! mine is hanging on by a thread! a very fragile piece of this build.
  13. Belts in, and clam shell half's glued together. Next time I would fit the Etch parts directly into the cockpit, I think ive made a big mistake by gluing them to the Airfix instrument panel, by doing so the instrument panel is far to forward in both cockpits. I have put a light coat of undercoat so as to identify my seams for the next attention.
  14. I decide to finally put screwdriver to spanner and build this one of a kind Lancaster. Lacks a bit of detail! but overall the proportions seem about right. Enjoy.
  15. As you might understand ive not been in doors doing much during this last glorious week of weather here in the North of England. I have managed some progress on the cockpit, i have filled those holes i drilled! and constructed the cockpit using a pair of Yahu Instrument panels, im not very good with some of the 'Mico' Etch parts so I didn't construct the compass as described in the Yuha instructions, i simply cut the airfix base down and added the Yahu compass etch on top of the stub of plastic remaining,I envy those that can fabricate such small detail, my fat fingers get in the way! I
×
×
  • Create New...