Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Rikywarbirds

Members
  • Content Count

    103
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

472 Excellent

1 Follower

About Rikywarbirds

  • Rank
    New Member
  • Birthday 08/09/1982

Contact Methods

  • AIM
    https://www.facebook.com/redpilotmodels
  • Website URL
    https://ricardogarijo.artstation.com

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Madrid - Spain
  • Interests
    Scale models, comics, art, sculpture...

Recent Profile Visitors

503 profile views
  1. Thanks Ian, I just followed Eduard’s instructions and I doesn’t looked for any other info. But now reading you I will check it and try to fix it. Cheers! Ricardo
  2. Cheers... the secret for the riggings is a nice product from Uschi. It’s an elastic rig that is more comfortable to put in place than the traditional stretched plastic sprue.... also can be found in Ammo Mig, same product but less quantity
  3. Thanks. Yes, lozenge is decal, all provided by the box, except for the wires. The wood effect, with lot of problems and bad results in some parts due to my inexperience, is made in a base of acrylic and then with ocre oils. The process is very long.
  4. Thanks a lot, mate. I hope some day I will be able to put my fingers in a WnW Albatros ! (Lot of stash for the moment, lol) Thanks!
  5. Hi all This is my last finished model, an Albatros from Eduard in 1/48. Beautiful model, with a very good level of detail. But really hard to build, a test for our patience. It's my first 1/48 wwI model, and the first time I do wood textures... Cheers R.
  6. Hi all, hope you all are ok and safe... This is my first completed model during my quarantine here in Spain (started several months ago). I bought this one because of the color scheme, without knowing anything about the sprues or reviews, etc. so it was a surprise when I opened the box. Airfix did a strange thing with this product, I don't mean it's a bad thing, but at least strange. Half of the sprues are from the '70s and half are modern ones, designed for this D-Day edition... I think it had been better to design completely a new one model, if you plan to design the half of the sprues (the fuselage, and the top part of the wings, mainly). I must say that the old moulds almost haves a more crisp and fin details, except for the outside panel lines. The new parts haves modern negative panel lines, but a bit oversized. There had been some serious fitting problems, specially with the wings, and a lot of putty and sanding, and again sanding. But I think at the end it turn out nice. I must say that it had been in some points a bit painful, but in the other hand is a nice project to test my skills... I completed the model with a set of PE from Eduard designed for a Tamiya kit, and a bit of scratch, specially in the cockpit. The bad part is that behind the glass and the fuselage it will be all this work hidden. May be the thing I like more of my build is the cockpit, with all that wiring and scratch added to de PE, it had been very pleasant to do. I had follow some points on the page Scalespot.com and his beautiful Mossie in 1/32 from HKM for the references specially in the cockpit parts. Also added some scratch to the wheel bay and landing hear, because out of the box is very simple. Also rivet works by me, and I split the back control surfaces to have a more dynamic form. The decals are very hard to work with Mr Mark Setter/Softer and they are very thick... Well, I hope you like it. Thanks for take a look... Ricardo.
×
×
  • Create New...