Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Lord Riot

Members
  • Content Count

    1,558
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Lord Riot last won the day on January 22 2018

Lord Riot had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2,653 Excellent

About Lord Riot

  • Rank
    Very Obsessed Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Cheshire
  • Interests
    Rugby, rowing, gym and football. Natural history.

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. @perdu, thank you so much for the canopy and decals!! You are indeed very kind sir. Huge apologies I haven't responded sooner, I was in the deepest New Forest all week without any wifi signal in our room on the top floor of the hotel! Back home this evening to find your generous Attacker extras - hopefully I can return the favour someday. I'll be cracking on with the kit later in the week, so if I can I'll give that a go with the decals.
  2. Looking good so far. What yellow did you use, is it from a rattle can? I've got one of these along with a Wessex, Whirlwind and Sycamore to do, all in RAF Rescue yellow!
  3. I made the top nose aerial from wire and the lower one from some tiny bits of plastic.
  4. Thanks for the comments chaps! Pleased with how the line came out especially. Could do with the beige green being more glossy though.
  5. What a superb helicopter! The paintwork is outstanding quality. Strange how Italeri call it 'UH.5' in American style when it should be 'HU.5'.
  6. The fit of the wings was better than I was expecting from such an old, basic kit, although the starboard one needed a bit of filler. Then sprayed with Humbrol 90 'beige green'. It dries remarkably quickly.
  7. That's fantastic, especially given it's such an old kit. It's probably worth buying an old Frog or Eastern Express Sea Vixen after all if they can look this good.
  8. Stunning model and presentation! I can't believe how soon these were retired, they must still be almost immune to air defences, especially in less advanced, sandy target areas.
  9. Thanks Steve, I was wondering if I might try and find a new canopy. I found a spare cockpit tub that seems to fit perfectly...
  10. So, a bit of time after watching the rugger for some more scratch building, admittedly not to the usual standard you see on here, but it should do the job, especially at this scale. First off, I made a bulkhead so the fuselage isn't hollow through the intakes. I made an instrument panel from a bit of spare plastic, and just used blu-tack to fill in the hole inside the jet pipe. All interiors painted matt black. Next up, those strange wings with no wheel bays. Luckily, Novo had etched an outline where they should be, so I cut around it then filed around the edges. It was quite tough plastic, but I'm pleased with the result. I'll worry about how to fit the oleos later!
  11. Firstly, the solid cockpit with disembodied pilot's head (already decapitated in this photo) had to go! Then I cut out the solid block to open up the cockpit ... ... and tidied it up. I found a few scraps to try and make a rudimentary cockpit from.
×
×
  • Create New...