Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

122 Excellent

About BluesModeller

  • Rank
    New Member
  • Birthday January 7

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    Guitar, modelling, football, motor sports...

Recent Profile Visitors

327 profile views
  1. Decided to brave it yesterday. Seems to have dried pretty quick in this heat. Need to decant a little for touch ups. Was a bit vigorous micromeshing the underbelly but that will have blue paint on it so I got away with that. May do the wings today and post a pic...
  2. Good timing...! Haven’t had much time for model making or anything else for a while but i’m finally getting back into it. The A319 is at the stage where I have done the white on the fuselage. Halfords gloss appliance and I made sure to be patient and build it up with thin coats rather than blast it. It’s been three days since I sprayed it but the paint still feels slightly tacky. Going to micromesh it when it’s cured. The question is how long to leave it? Can says upto 2 weeks before rubbing it down but I don’t want to wait that long. Hoping to do it Friday or Saturday so I can get on with airbrushing the wings and underbelly. Not looking forward to masking for the blue again. That is as far as I got last time. Meanwhile, whilst waiting for the paint to cure i’ve started a 1/700 Bismarck I got for Fathers Day and am making progress on a Spitfire. Plenty to do... So little time...
  3. Starting work on my second attempt. the lines on the front of the nose cone are poorly moulded, resulting in some of them being barely visible. I managed to sand them off on the first one and tried to scribe them back in. The results weren’t great. so... Should I leave them as is, sand them away or try to repair them, and if so, how? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!
  4. Ordered two sets of decals over Christmas / New Year. Delivery took a few days but what do you expect at that time of year. Not applied them yet but they seem like excellent quality. Will be ordering from them again.
  5. Just watched it. I thought it was OK but not great. Beautifully shot but let down by the disjointed storyline. I thought the actors had surprisingly limited dialogue but did brilliantly with what they had. The score was at times stunning and yet other times overpowering and distracting. It feels like a missed opportunity in many respects but i’m still glad I watched it.
  6. I’m still confused as to why my girlfriend didn’t tut, raise her eyebrows and complain about money down the drain when I told her i’m ordering a new kit... She must be getting used to it! After a lot of reading it looks like I didn’t leave the paint to cure long enough. Next time i’ll do the white and leave it fo at least a week.
  7. Well this went to sh.....! Had the fuselage painted and the blue bottom looking pretty good. Pleased as punch. Tiny bit of blue seeped under the tape at the front so I decided to carefully scrape it off. Not carefully enough as it happens and I took some white with it exposing the grey primer. What followed was a comedy of errors leading from a tiny spot no one would notice to a ruined kit. biggest issue was when re spraying I masked off the now resprayed Halfords Appliance White for the blue. When I peeled the tape away the tape had reacted with the white paint destroying the finish! Why, why, why!!?!?! the paint had days to dry and it didn’t do it first time around so what changed? Had it soak in various solutions for a while but the paint is bomb proof. I have another one on order from Amazon. Thankfully it’s cheap! Think i’ll turn this into a freight carrier or something. Or bin it! So much for a stress free hobby... I can’t seem to get anything done right since completing the Titanic. Sorry for the rant... I know it’s all part of the learning curve...
  8. Absolutely fantastic! The attention to detail and quality of the finish is inspiring to say the least!
  9. Looking good! newbie to airbrushing too. I seem to flick between stunning success and complete disaster with it but I guess that’s part of the learning curve!
  10. Outstanding work so far! Funnily enough, I spotted this plane from my back door this morning!
  11. Haven’t given up on this.... Christmas and waiting for decals have meant this bird has sat on the production line for a couple of weeks. Last night I did some more sanding and making sure everything looks right. I’ll give it a final coat of primer later and am hoping it doesn’t show up any other flaws that can’t be hidden by a coat of paint. The decals have arrived today for this and my A380. They look great, so big thanks to 26 Decals! Going to fashion the winglets myself. While away from that stage though.
  12. Is the upper superstructure just the original white plastic or painted? Looks super sharp either way and is going to look fantastic when completed.
  13. Filling areas with Tipp-Ex worked ok but it’s not great to scribe into. Also tried rebuilding the raised lines on the nose cone but proved too much of a challenge on that shape. Scribed them instead. Halfords Appliance White seems quite thick so the grooves shouldn’t stand out too much. So lots of sanding, shaping, filling, micro-meshing, scribing... I can still see some tiny errors but once the paint and decals are on they shouldn’t stand out too much. Hopefully! The rear exhaust has been rebuilt by showing a small piece of sprue into the rear and then drilling it out. Not perfect but better than the weird mess that existed there before.
  14. Welcome, looking forward to more updates.
  • Create New...