Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Shelliecool

Members
  • Content Count

    878
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

4,610 Excellent

5 Followers

About Shelliecool

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Female
  • Location
    Oxfordshire

Recent Profile Visitors

3,445 profile views
  1. I usually leave 24 hours, especially if I am spraying light, thin coats. That seems to work well for me. Thanks, Michelle
  2. I have been working more on the Halifax I am building, as I have been masking up the camouflage pattern which takes time. However, I haven't forgotten the mosquito, and have begun weathering the aircraft. For this I mixed up some black and brown to create a dirt wash, which I applied to the build. Once it had dried a little I carefully rubbed off the excess in the direction of airflow. Almost done.
  3. Having carefully masked up the Dark green areas of camouflage, I have been slowly building up the coats of Vallejo Dark Earth. After the first coat had dried I applied another coat. Finally mixing in some white to lighten the colour and add highlights. I have since removed the mask, and the build is drying nicely in the cupboard. The Vallejo Dark Earth acrylic sprayed really smoothly as predicted (I have used it on other builds), I mixed it 5:1 with Vallejo thinner.
  4. Over the last few nights I have continued preshading the build. Luckily the temperature has dropped a little so the paint has not dried so quickly in the cup. There are a great many panel lines on the Halifax, which in a fashion I have preshaded. Next onto masking up ready for some colour.
  5. Over the last few days I have slowly been preshading the build. Slowly mostly because the heat was causing the paint to dry in the cup. So far so good.
  6. With the yellow propeller tips dry, I carefully masked them up and gave the props a coat of Vallejo black. Once they were dry enough I removed the mask, I will assemble them and the spinner before I begin weathering the build.
  7. Since my last post I have hand painted the 'rust' sections on all 4 exhaust pipes, for this I used Revell rust acrylic. I then masked up the yellow tips on my propeller's, and airbrushed them black, using Vallejo black. Once dry I removed the mask, I'm really happy with how the props look. Finally, I have given the aircraft a light coat of Vallejo primer. I was concerned it may be too warm and the paint may dry really quickly. However, I'm happy to say it sprayed fine and is settling nice and smooth.
  8. First things first, I have managed to get into my Village account so better photography can resume. Tonight I have airbrushed the inside of the undercarriage doors, using my interior green. Then I airbrushed the tips of the props yellow, and turned my attention to the exhausts. These are airbrushed Anthracite, and once dry will have rust added to the centre sections. Finally I gave my guns a coat of Gun metal, which is really thick and took quite a bit of thinning. So far so good.
  9. Work has continued on the Mosquito, it has been slow progress. I have sealed in the decals, these settled perfectly I am pleased to say. Then I airbrushed the spinners Silver, and the prop tips yellow. These are now drying ready for some black.
  10. Since my last post I have constructed the cowlings and secured them and the engines to the aircraft. These went together with relative ease, and required a small amount of Sanding Along the seams. I have also built the exhausts and guns, which I have primed with Vallejo primer. Finally I had to carefully cut the undercarriage doors in half as I am building the aircraft with her wheels down. This went pretty smoothly, and after a quick sand I blasted them with primer. My apologies for using Photobucket again, I am having problems logging into village.
  11. With two coats of Quick shine gloss applied and dried, the time came to apply the decals. To be fair, there are not many to apply, and they settled well. Next to seal them in.
  12. Tonight I have airbrushed the gear casings (Vallejo black), and the inside of the cowlings (Vallejo interior green). Once dry the engine build can continue.
  13. Thanks Chris, that makes my life so much easier. Revell seem to love the idea of modeller's mixing different percentages of colours! How about the inside of the cowling? I think Revell suggest mixing green, yellow and some other colour??? Thanks, Michelle.
  14. I have begun work on the Halifax's radial engines. Airbrushing them Vallejo aluminium, and then hand painting the anthracite pipes. Oh, and I have worked out how to use village photo's, so it's bye bye Photobucket
  15. I have been working hard on the Halifax, a minor issue with Photobucket stopped me uploading anything toy threads. Since my last post I have attached the wings to the fuselage, this went well, only a little sanding was required to achieve a smooth fit. I have also built the tailplane, the tail find and rudders will be secured once painted. Finally I have faded some Mr.surfacer 1000 to the nacelle seams, and I intend to sand away any visible seam.
×
×
  • Create New...