Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Uberdave1

Members
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

20 Good

About Uberdave1

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    USA

Recent Profile Visitors

21 profile views
  1. Hi. my J-Stars project is in a holding pattern at the moment but I am in serious need of your unused fan blade PE. Any way I could entice you to mail it to me? I got a B-52H project in the embryo stage and want to see if I can pull off the same trick I did with my J-Stars by cobbling the AWACS engine parts into the H's twin pods. As you may be aware, the Italeri/AMT H's engine pods are about 20% under scale and I'm kit bashing an old Monogram kit with some AMT parts to build the Skybolt demonstrator Buff. There's a few out of production correction pod sets out the but I think I can do a better job of scratching it with your spare PE blades. Thanks, Dave
  2. Update time... Well, it's late-late, but I put in a few licks anyway. Tryin' to show how I've fitted the boat-tail, cleaned up the pointy fairings and tried to make the Revell, ESCI (Not Italeri) and Airfix parts line up. They weren't entirely compatible or agreeable. And the Escapack seats needed a space carved out for them ...More to come, hopefully soon.
  3. Experimented with the camera to see if I could tone down that light blue Airfix plastic...
  4. ...Well, dang. I'll have to get some A-4 seats. It'll be as close as they come I guess. Must'a read F-4 and should'a read A-4.
  5. Thanks for the replies, guys. Update time: "No. No. Be of good cheer. If science teaches us anything, it teaches us to accept our failures, as well as our successes, with quiet dignity and grace." Looks like success is what I've up to lately... ...Thought I'd botched with the Testors metalizer burnt iron I tried on the exhaust. the contrast was just too stark. But I dusted it with stainless steel and it came out fine. I need to figure out how to adjust my camera for that glare but you can see the burner section well enough I hope. I finished the wings and glued them in place with the medium sweep the were often shown parked with and bought some Quickboost F-4 seats to put in it. The nose section is taped to fit check and it'll need work... That's it for the moment. I'll keep on keepin' on...
  6. I'll attempt to make it worth your while. First update: It's the ESCI/AMT kit, not Italeri...
  7. I had to do a theme pic for this one. Three kits needed to do this one. and one had to be Airfix since it's for Hyperscales classic British kits forum. "I am a scientist and a genius." I used an Airfix F-111 kit as a base and parts of the old toy like Revell kit but needed a decent kit to rob landing gear wells and the gear itself but didn't want to use the expensive Hasegawa kit so settled on the Italeri kit. A real live kit bash. Here's how far I got until life intervened and I had to put it away for a few years. I recently reconnected with Hyperscale and popular consensus there is to finish the job. I guess after looking again it's a four kit bash since I robbed Phoenix missiles from a Hasegawa F-14 kit. Here's what it looked like after the tape was removed and it was set for boxing and storage. I bought a Verlinden Productions F-111 cockpit. Aires and Pavla make much better stuff than VP used to put out but it was the only game in town at the time. It came with a thick PE set that I used to make an open canopy with. I vacuformed the canopy and cut pieces to fit the PE sections. I masked it for painting while I was at it. I also worked out the translating cowl on one side. now I have to do it mirror image on the other. Right now I have put the fuselage together without the wings. My biggest stumbling block has been how to fill the gaping cavity behind the wing. I got the big idea of assembling it without the wings. The pivoting wings were in the way. I was stuck with them having to be fitted. Not! The F-111B is often shown in photos with its wings in mid sweep while parked on the ramp so that's how mine will be. And of course, in a stroke of pure luck I snagged these decals off of E-Bay. Hopefully this weekend I'll post my first update...
  8. Okay. seems like I'm not used to this forum. Wanted to add that you re-etching is well done. I have a tremble that won't allow me to follow suit. Also I had tried to post a pic of one of Charlie's planes but, for some reason it disappeared, so I'll try it now. Charlie never use the kit antennas so it may give a clue about size...
  9. I'll have to check out those antennas...
  10. Maybe the admins can help straighten this out. Turn out pretty goofy.
  11. Hi, guys. Your resident colonial is back to the modeling bench with a Airfix AWACS kit and Flightpath J-Stars conversion set. I figure it just makes the cut at the end of the cold war era. This shot turned out fuzzy. I was learning a new camera. But it tells the tale of disaster trying to trap the blades in the nacelle halves. Then I got the bright idea of using a dowel to insert the blades after assembling the halves. All in all, it turned out better than I'd hoped. The plan is to do this as a memorial for my buddy Charlie Johnson who passed away a few years ago. He built over 50 of these to give to the crew and pilots of these aircraft that fly out of my place of work, Robins AFB GA.. Here's the goal set by Charlie. a pic of one of his.. Hope you like it and that I get to post updates soon. Dave A bit of patting myself on the back but I've seen guys take a pass on the PE fan blades as too much trouble when doing this conversion.
×
×
  • Create New...