Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

mustang1989

Members
  • Content Count

    506
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

869 Excellent

1 Follower

About mustang1989

  • Rank
    Obsessed Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Corpus Christi
  • Interests
    Anything fast.

Recent Profile Visitors

955 profile views
  1. This morning I got her standing on her own. Rear tires will be going in a smidgen to give her the proper look but this is going to be the ride height. All this time I had to find a way to lock the front suspension ride height in and I finally was able to do this by drilling small holes in the front of the frame and installing locating pins. Worked like a charm: I worked a lot on the firewall this morning by modifying to work with the Mustang shock towers. I'll post progress of this on the next update. Meanwhile I also cut out the battery box/ pedestal on the R/H shock tower panel. Battery is located in the rear of the car so no battery box was needed here. Plus I needed all the room I could get with that big bottom 427 in that engine bay. Before.... and after:
  2. Didn't see this till now. Thanks a lot fellas. gt: I hear exactly what you're saying. I've managed to score some pretty hard to find kits that I built in my youth over the last few years and it's a trip down memory lane every time I open each box.
  3. 'Preciate the kind words gt. If I had the chance and one of these became available for the right price I'd jump all over it. These cars were a lot of fun to drive. I'm just like you on the cars that were common growing up and building them in scale. Hopefully Monogram/ Revell will indeed re-issue some of those.
  4. Thanks Mr Mansfield. Had a really good time with this build. No add-ons.....no aftermarket. Just straight up build.
  5. Made all the difference in the world to an already good looking interior.
  6. Ok folks....got the shift linkage/ rods in place. Now for that tachometer....
  7. Man that is one impressive parts count for a 1/35 scale vehicle. Good progress so far and I'm very much looking forward to what you do with this Jeroen.
  8. This one is coming along nicely and I'm glad to see you back on it. Really like the chassis as well.
  9. Those seats are unreal!!! Very cool!!!
  10. Thanks Spiny! Today saw the installation of the shifter. I cut the rods to length as well and will be installing those tomorrow morning. Really adds a lot to the interior....
  11. Well guys....I can't believe it's been almost three months since I've touched this car but I needed a dang break after that shifter ordeal. That thing kicked my a$$!!! I managed to get the seat drilled and slotted to make way for the seat belt harness. The harness build up wasn't too bad outside of me not paying attention to what I was doing at times and having to go back and make some corrections along the way. This is not the period correct harness I was hoping to build but the correct one is actually harder than the Liberty shifter that I just built for this car. I'm not about to go through anything like that again on this build. lol
  12. This is my first real out of box build. I had been working on a Pro Stock Maverick for around 5 months and needed a break from it to just get something completed. I've been wanting to build this car for the last few years and figured that now might be a good time to break it out. There's not much in the way of AM for this kit so it was the perfect one to do an OOB build on. The only things that were added was an "AC Delco" decal on the oil filter, a Hot Rod Magazine in the passengers from seat with a picture of an older T/A on the cover and I robbed the dual outlet exhaust pipes from the Revell 2000 Camaro SS kit. Just couldn't build this car with the single outlet exhaust system like it came from the factory with. The kit wasn't too bad but there were several fit issues with it starting with the chassis to body assembly. For some reason the glue adhesion didn't set up right at the rear of the car resulting in a slight twist. I made some bracing that went from the body down to the chassis and glued that in place to suck the chassis up on the side that got the lower part of the twist. Flash and mold lines were TERRIBLE on this thing. I spent ALOT of time getting rid of those and still didn't get them all. The front and rear facias fit great during the test fit and didn't want to cooperate at all during the assembly process. I got them as close as I could without disassembling the whole friggin' car to straighten everything out. Once I got the chassis sucked up in the back on the drivers side to where it was supposed to be I noticed that now there was a gap between the engine throttle body and the molded in intake duct on the body. I ended up cutting a piece of plastic and carving it to fit the gap there. The only other thing that I did with this car that needed to be done was that I lowered it about a scale inch or so all the way around to give it a more aggressive stance. Anyways....here are the finished shots...….and now....back to the Maverick!!!
  13. Sorry for the absence as of late fellas. Been working pretty hard at work over the last few weeks. I still didn't give up my bench time over the last few months and managed to finish this one up. She'll be under the Ready for Inspection Section
  14. Just got back in here after a couple of months away from the forums. Didn't see any progress on this and was wondering if you've made any as this is just such a cool project.
  15. My Lord man!! There is a TON of work going into this one Ken!!!! Terrific job so far!!
×
×
  • Create New...