Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Justin M

Members
  • Content Count

    30
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

195 Excellent

3 Followers

About Justin M

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    United Kingdom
  • Interests
    .

Recent Profile Visitors

283 profile views
  1. Some more progress over the last few weeks. The following is ready for decals having given a gloss coat. And now with decals on using Gunze solution. And the other side.....
  2. I think I have found the formula for using Hataka's acrylics and that is Vallejo Airbrush Flow Improver plus thinning with Hataka's own thinner. Much better results. I am glad I have got the acrylics to work as they have a good range.
  3. Once the black primer was down, it was time to start on the top coats. At this point I tried acrylic Hataka Red Line as they have a good range of paint sets, including US Navy and USMC from the right era. Sadly, I really struggled with them and could not avoid a significant issue with nozzle clogging so I gave up and mixed my own colours from Gunze paints; they always work well. I did not try Hataka thinners as I did not have any, but tried just about everything else. I would like to get them to work as they have a good range. Anyone got any pointers?
  4. Looking great! I'm back posting stuff after nearly a year! Stuck some pics of my USN F-4 up.
  5. Then followed up with a layer of black primer Mr. products again.
  6. My goodness, nearly a year since I last posted anything on this project. Anyway, I have made some progress. Post the previous photo, I sanded some more and gave a primer of Mr Finishing Surfacer 1500.
  7. Very impressed. Great photos too. What manufacturer of paint did you use for the overall top side colour?
  8. A pleasure. There is still a long way to go and it nearly went for its maiden flight this afternoon....out the window.
  9. Progress on getting the air intakes to fit..........not the best fit but they came up alright in the end. Just need re-scribing and riveting.
  10. Hi Chris, resin is not all that bad. Cleaning up the casts without breaking bits off is about the biggest challenge. Super glue holds the whole thing together and getting good seams is, I think, easier than normal plastic kits. Have a go. This is a good kit to start with.
  11. And the finished model. It was a pleasure to build and raise some money for the RN Association (who sent a very nice thank you letter) and RAFAC. First resin model I have built (other than detail bits like engines) and I am looking for another suitable 1/72 kit to do. Thanks all for the nice comments.
  12. The kit seems to have a good overall F-4 shape; it looks right, but I am no F-4 expert. The parts fit is not great but the cockpit is quite good. That said, the parts will go together but filler is required. One exception; the wing root join to the fuselage on the upper side is excellent. No filler or anything required at all. The air intake cowl presents the biggest challenge but filler sorts them out. Cockpit built out the box. Fuselage joined up with cockpit installed. Quite a lot of filler on the fuselage spine but I expected that so re-scribing not yet complete. Wings on and cowls in place. I needed to bend them a bit to get them to fit with the model and then filled the gaps with filler (Humbrol's finest - I'm no filler connoisseur) and my liquid plastic cocktail. Wing root required no work.
×
×
  • Create New...