Jump to content

gamblor916

Members
  • Posts

    278
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by gamblor916

  1. I learned from building Aoshima kits that you need to make your own tabs and deviate from the instructions where appropriate.

     

    52319012071_988af13efd_o.jpg

     

    The rear axle fittings really are wobbly and vague so I used Lego to help line things up.

     

    52319436154_856dd508cc_o.jpg

     

    The front steering assembly fits well but this area really needs a lot of strength. I used a lot of glue here to make sure of that.

     

    52319435974_837b8d6fc2_o.jpg

     

    A couple of shallow and minuscule bumps mark where the engine should go. Again applied lots of glue to make sure things don't move.

     

    52319318788_3970bd6c0e_o.jpg

     

    Lots of glue, drop the cabin in, jiggle it around to make sure its seated correctly.

     

    52319452360_aa796a0a43_o.jpg

     

    I thought I could build it so I could switch between open and closed. Test fitting the body panels made me realise that it was one or the other. I'll build this open so I don't have to worry about fit. I have another kit to build closed up and I already have ideas to make it fit properly.

    • Like 4
  2. That black part is the camera facing forward so the front should be a glossy lens. The square in the front cowl is the hole for the front camera. If the camera isn't fitted then a weight equal to the camera is fitted to be fair to all teams. Also I think the black parts in the number is the reflection of the photographer because the edging is probably mylar.

    • Thanks 1
  3. Thanks for the comments 👍

     

      

    5 hours ago, slippers said:

    Lovely stuff. Very well done on a pristine finish. 👍

     

    It was a shame that Tamada couldn't make the adaptation to Michelin, as he was a real fly in the ointment on Bridgestone. I was a fan. 

     

    I have one these beautiful liveries to look forward to. 

     

    I agree. He was another of Japan's hopes that didn't quite make it. His Pramac bike was also an interesting livery.

  4. Engine and swing arm is mounted. Forks are done. The kit decals are old and disintegrate on contact with water. I put three coats of clear on the ones I needed and replaced all the carbon with Studio 27 decals.

     

    52235780932_3d677978ac_o.jpg

     

    52237252495_2d7a4331bd_o.jpg

     

    52236760251_d08c1b4951_o.jpg

     

    52236772268_b28cedcd8c_o.jpg

    • Like 5
  5. The

    20 hours ago, Kiertomäntä said:

    Never knew there was a kit made from this bike. Would really like to find and build one. Being old tamiya kit, have you encountered any major flaws yet?

     

    And for those who don't know the oddity in this bike, this had four piston V8 to circumvent the regulations in bike racing in early 1980s.

     

    There are actually oval voids in the engine block where the pistons would go. Then the covers go on and its hidden away forever.

     

    There are 2 big issues with assembly I've found. The exhaust is designed to be glued together at different stages which I ignored. Just cut it up and assemble as one piece.

    The harder to fix issue is with the front fairing. It's moulded as one piece, which means the holes for the intake and lights are clearly visible on completion. Also the sill is half the width its supposed to be making side fairing the wrong shape and the panel separation is in the wrong area.

    I found this out after I applied paint and decals so trying to fix it is going to be tricky.

     

    52223648233_f3644c9168_o.jpg

     

    52222628802_e7fb1b21c1_o.jpg

     

    52223900164_9c4c3e1bea_o.jpg 

     

    • Like 2
×
×
  • Create New...