Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

neillydone

Members
  • Content Count

    16
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

147 Excellent

About neillydone

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Belgium

Recent Profile Visitors

198 profile views
  1. Hello everybody, here is the second oil painting I've ever completed. I based it on a photo of a Spitire at Flying Legends in July 2018 and added in the sky from my imagination. I'm aware that one or two aspects of the perspective & shape are not quite right but since my weak spot is tonal values I'm pleased with how it turned out. Paints used were Winsor and Newton Water Mixable Oils and it measures 18 x 14.5cm. It took me about three days. I'm gonna give this to my 11 year old nephew as a belated Christmas present.
  2. Thanks for the feedback everyone, fixed the light colour and aerial... .
  3. Thanks for the feedback! I read the wrong caption on the decals...I've edited the original post now Will also have a think about how to sort out the light and wire...
  4. Here are some photos of my recently completed Spitfire Mk II.a. of 315 Squadron, August 1941. Its based on the Airfix Mk.I. 1:48 kit, with a small scratch built Coffman starter. - Interior was Eduard pre-painted PE - I found the steel seatbelts much easier to work with than the brass as they seemed to be less springy. - Paints were a mixture of Vallejo and Tamiya, with Mig lucky gloss varnish and then Vallejo matt varnish. - Decals from the Polish Spitfires ModelMaker.pl sheet - Weathered with various MiG pigments and washes. - Radio and IFF antennae were Uschi van der Rosten fine rigging line. To fix the well known fragile undercarriage joint I scratch built a m/f joint using short lengths of brass (0.6mm dia) and associated locating holes which seemed to work quite well.
  5. Phil, I have one (in fact if you want the entire model) - feel free to PM me if you want it.
  6. Hobbyboss 1:48 BAe Hawk T.1 XX172 of RAF St Athan station Flight 2001 with ModelAlliance 'Dragon Hawk' limited edition decals. Overall I am satisfied with it but the glue failed on the seat belts after I fixed the canopy in place and the gloss is not as glossy as I would like...plus I should have taken more time with the transfers....but overall from a distance I'm happy....
  7. very nice indeed! does this exhibit the same problems with construction as the earlier Revell Typhoon - e.g. the airbrake fit?
  8. Airfix Tiger Moth in 1/72 in the kit scheme colours of No. 10 Elementary Reserve Flying School, RAF Yatesbury, Wiltshire 1940. Built oob except for scratch built seatbelts (from heavy duty kitchen foil), Albion Alloys 0.3mm brass tube (for the control horns in the tail) and Uschi van der Rosten Fine (0.02mm line). Paints were airbrushed Italeri RAF Dark Earth and Dark Green along with Humbrol yellow (I think it was 69 - colder compared to RAF Training Yellow) and Mig pigments and washes. I built this as I wanted to learn how to do rigging which was initially quite frustrating. I had many battles with medium and thin superglue and kicker just to get the lines to stay...so the surfaces around the struts became quite a mess in the end (along with the fuselage where it meets the wing). Despite my drilling out the lower wings and attaching the rigging lines to the upper wing with the intention of feeding the line through the lower wings, I only managed to do this for a couple, the rest were bodged in a pool of superglue. However, overall I'm pleased with the result even if the rigging is overscale and the rigging in front of the cockpit subsequently came undone.
  9. BAe Hawk T.1a in the 75th anniversary scheme of 234 Sqn, 1 TWU, RAF Brawdy, 1992. Airfix kit oob with Xtradecal decals and scratch built seatbelts, cushions, nose light and pitot tube. I tried to replicate the grime toward the rear.... Overall went together very well but I could have improved the finish on the fin and around the canopy.
  10. thankyou all for the kind comments in terms of assembly I found it challenging - the PE for the cockpit didn't quite fit (possibly something to do with me putting too much paint on the framing inside the fuselage) which meant the cockpit tub was lopsided when installed and I need to file a v deep groove on each side of the fuselage for the IP to fit. even with that it was a bit wonky. the other major issue I encountered was where the u/c legs meet the fuselage which needed quite a bit of Milliput (in my hamfisted approach anyway) as without there is a gap where they go into the 'slots'. Paints were from a polish company called Pactra, A68 Polish Blue for the undersides and A67 Polish Khaki for the top.
  11. I am still learning but I find that applying small quantities it doesn't come off the brush that well, resulting in more frustration and heavy handed approach by which time its too late :-( thanks to everyone else for their comments!
  12. Early Polish WW2 fighter done as a gift for a friend in Poland. comments and suggestions welcome
  13. My first completed build post here on BM - this was my first attempt using Ammo pigments for the wing root and exhaust which I think was somewhat overdone... Comments and suggestions welcome!
  14. Thank you both for the responses. As I cannot find the hasegawa VFA 122 edition anyway (Hannants say it was not released in the UK) it looks like I'll be acquiring some decal paper and firing up the printer! Neil
×
×
  • Create New...