Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mark_1984

Members
  • Content Count

    115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

84 Good

About Mark_1984

  • Rank
    New Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Hong Kong

Recent Profile Visitors

457 profile views
  1. Hobbyeasy in Hong Kong has it for about £60. Not sure what import duty would cost, but they are a reliable company in my experience. https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/e9rgvyc2v4lg6kfikmev.html
  2. Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anybody know if the nut holding the top of the rear shock is anywhere near realistic, or would it be a fork welded to the frame and a bolt going through the fork and a hole in the end of the shock?
  3. Can I ask, is the chap producing/selling the kits an existing kit manufacturer, or is it a new venture, or doesn't he want anything made public yet?
  4. Great work. Can you remember how much ballast you added to the nose?
  5. Amazing project - you're a braver man than I!!! Looking forward to seeing this one progress. The photo of the real bus shows some great weathering. Following and an extra large bucket of popcorn ordered!
  6. Your work on the engine is brilliant, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make of the rest of the kit. I'm currently working (occasionally!) on the Huracan, and looking forward to picking up some tips. So, yes, please do carry on and post your work. It's an inspiration.
  7. Thanks guys. She is 1/35 scale.
  8. Thanks for all the generous comments folks. You really are too kind..... I'm inspired to do another armour kit soon.
  9. Just come across this thread. Truly inspiring work. Particularly the trick with the foil. I have the kit in my stash, and am really enjoying your dairy.
  10. I had another look, and did add a touch of dust over the decal. Looks much better now - thanks
  11. Thank guys. The tracks were painted with AK chipping colour, then roughly mottled with AK dark rust and old rust. Then track wash and dark iron pigment (all AK). Finally I added MIG standard rust pigment sparingly, and worked it in well with MIG pigment fixer (the solvent stuff, not the resin stuff), and finally added some MIG European dust and worked that in with fixer. I found I had to be really sparing with the rust pigment as it's a strong colour. I can't claim to be an expert by any means, it's only the second set of tracks I've weathered properly. Put half of it down to luck!
  12. Thanks for the kind words chaps. The Firefly decal is quite clean, but photo has made it look a lot brighter than it really is. It looks much more in keeping with the rest of the model in the flesh.
  13. Hi folks, Here is my completed Meng Whippet Tank. Please let me know what you think of the weathering. I think I may have gone overboard a bit, but somebody else thought it was understated. Constructive criticisms are very welcomed. IMG_3434 by Mark Wakelin, on Flickr IMG_3441 by Mark Wakelin, on Flickr IMG_3440 by Mark Wakelin, on Flickr IMG_3439 by Mark Wakelin, on Flickr IMG_3438 by Mark Wakelin, on Flickr IMG_3437 by Mark Wakelin, on Flickr IMG_3436 by Mark Wakelin, on Flickr IMG_3435 by Mark Wakelin, on Flickr IMG_3432 by Mark Wakelin, on Flickr
  14. Superb work KP. Stunning finish on the paint work.
  15. You're not the only one with a cupboard full of unfinished kits......
×
×
  • Create New...