Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

711 Excellent

About Borez

  • Rank
    Obsessed Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

953 profile views
  1. Yeah, this really got my goat at the time to be honest. I actually abandoned my dual 917K when I completely lost the build thread. It just demotivated the hell out of me. Well that and the epoxy resin, paints and glues were unfortunately giving me terrible eczema on my hands. I'll get back to it one day though. I have some time off at the moment after a seriously busy year, I might get around to putting the finished 956 build pics back up. ;)
  2. Sadly I used photobucket to host my later builds so the pictures are now all gone
  3. Damn you photobucket. This thread and my other build threads are pretty much gone now!! Sorry bout the lack of updates though, I'm just mad busy at present.
  4. Lovely work mate. Same as you though, it's just been too hot in my loft studio to anything lately.
  5. Sorry about the lack of updates, one I've been busy and two it's been too hot and humid up in my loft studio to do anything and the pipe has split on my aircon so it's literally cooling the central space and heating the eves which is not something I want to happen. There's a new aircon duct pipe on it's way to me so I should be back up and running soon. I did mange to get a look at some weathering on the MGH over the last couple of days and this afternoon though. Great that this thing is clear-coated, you just wash it off and start again. Note: Was it OK to spray gloss 2K clearcoat over satin? Well not really, some of it has pitted, but this is a test piece so it's not really a problem. It was also very humid when I sprayed which probably didn't help. Anyway, after a bit of extreme experimentation ( I tried charcoal, pastel dust, a spray-on Flory wash, Ms Borez's eyeliner and even some real oil ) the best results I seem to be getting are with the Tamiya Oil stain from one of their weathering kits. The weathering here is probably over the top, it's just for experimentation purposes. Building up the filth. Front end So yes, it works pretty well. I think it'll look great with all the decals and details as opposed to this bare shell. It also depends on the level of filth I want on the finished cars. Time to wash it off and have another go Thanks for looking in.
  6. It seems to be an issue with Photobucket at present. I'll check back later.
  7. OK, just a very small update as I've been working, but rear axle and suspension are fitted to the Fujimi. Annoyingly I found out in a test fit that the wheels do not fit over the top of the brakes with the calipers on so they've had to come off which kind of makes the brake upgrades a little pointless to be honest. Taking the calipers off has also left some glue residue on the disks and warped the left hand disk a little too. I'll start building up the rest of the rear next week then probably move to the MFH rear for a bit. Anyway I'm working the rest of the weekend on a tight schedule; I was in Athens, Greece yesterday, I'm in Portugal tomorrow, fly back at stupid-o-clock Sunday morning then immediately to Bristol for the day then home at stupid-o-clock Monday morning, so I'll get back to this Tues probably. But, as always, thanks for looking in.
  8. For a first build that's great mate. Some nice detailing going on there. Modelling is a learning curve, the skills you've learned from this build you can apply to the next and so on.
  9. More small Fujimi detailing today. Complete rear brake assembly. Some driveshaft detailing Made a start on the rear shocks. The Molotow markers are now full of Mr Metal paint and are working brilliantly. The scratched front radiator is complete. Cross bar connection plates for the fuel filters. And the Martini/Gulf 956 hybrid weathering test bodywork has been sprayed ( from this day forward to be known as the MGH. Catchy name eh? ) Bit of overspray on the front but it's a test piece that was quickly masked so it doesn't matter. And 2K'd So glad I did this as a test piece though as I really don't like the 2K satin finish, it's just not working for me ( it makes it look like a toy compare to my glossed GT40 ) So I'm going gloss 2K all the way on these two builds. I'll gloss the MGH tomorrow too. Not sure if you can actually gloss 2K over satin 2K but I'll find out tomorrow. As I said though it's a test piece so it doesn't matter. Dodged a bullet there. Would have hated to have found out I didn't like the satin on the final builds. And that's it for today. Thanks for looking in.
  10. Brake discs on the Fujimi today. They were primed yesterday. Then sprayed alclad dark aluminium and weathered with a black oil wash. Calipers Then the discs assembled on my bottle top jig Like little flying saucers And a test fitting with the calipers Also made a start on scratching the tiny wooden resistors ( 0.3mm wire over plasticard ) I'll trim them and paint. Some bodywork priming Now I'm guessing anyone with a keen eye will have realised that this is not an 917K at all, it's a Porsche 956. Basically it's a shell left from my 956 builds surrogate kit that I'm painting half Porsche Martini white and half gulf blue, I'll then 2k it so I can test out some weathering techniques for the two 917's. Just makes sense to try out the weathering on a test subject first. And that's it for this afternoon really. Thanks for looking in.
  • Create New...