Jump to content

DenPhill

Members
  • Content Count

    113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

406 Excellent

1 Follower

About DenPhill

  • Rank
    New Member
  • Birthday 10/13/1964

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Stuck on the Isle of Wight
  • Interests
    Do you want glue with that sir?

Recent Profile Visitors

384 profile views
  1. I've just used the Airfix parts with the chute housing on, larger hole I know. Also, the kit's engine inner exhaust should have been modified to reach further forward, about 10 to 15 mm approx. Although it would have been the wrong diameter anyway.
  2. I've scratch built the parts, nose and spine in balsa wood, then used them to cast the parts in resin. It's a very nose heavy Hunter.
  3. Thanks for that nice to know. I did see a picture with the number 573 in white on the tail, seems XL573 has had many guises over its history.
  4. Well finished the Airfix 1/48 F.6, at last, to a Hunter made for two. Took pictures of the final ‘T’ bird only to notice that I’d forgotten to add the wing pitot, added a pic with the paint still wet. The only issues I had was sourcing the ‘WC’ decal that goes on the rear tail near the fin flash. Fantasy Printshop make a sheet for the XL573 Hunter, but I wasn't going to pay £20+for the 'WC' motif, had the other decals needed to hand. Thanks for looking. Greg.
  5. Well finished the Airfix 1/48 F.6, at last, to a Hunter made for two. Took pictures of the final ‘T’ bird only to notice that I’d forgotten to add the wing pitot, added a pic with the paint still wet. The only issues I had was sourcing the ‘WC’ decal that goes on the rear tail near the fin flash. Fantasy Printshop make a sheet for the XL573 Hunter, but I wasn't going to pay £20+for the 'WC' motif, had the other decals needed to hand. I will place the final pictures in the ready for inspection area. Greg
  6. I may make the T.8M from it later. The parts were made for personal use only and not designed to be let loose on the modeling world. Thanks, Greg
  7. Yes, thanks. The master is made from Balsa wood to create a silicone mold to make the resin piece.
  8. Thanks for that you're a God send. This saves me time messing around applying decals to those U/C doors.
  9. Hi everyone, I've been converting the 1/48 Airfix F.6 kit to a 'T' bird, XL573 Lossiemouth with wrapped around camo. I've left the white painted intakes areas off, I don't like them, but my references show no serial numbers under the main wings, my question is, is this right? P.S. I will post pictures of the finished model sometime this week. Yours fumbling around Greg
  10. Sorry its been so long. I've been trying to catch up with real work, you know the one that pays. I've got to go to Cambridge tomorrow morning and won't be back until Sunday. So have loaded some photos from last week. And will try and catch up next week on the Canberra. The navigators windows need opening up. The clear parts added and sanded flush. The bombers aiming window didn't fit flush with the fuselage. About 0.4 mm is sanded back off the fuselage for this part to fit. Choice of two canopies, the
  11. No, the kits offerings. The casted wheel bays made will be used on the PR.9 sometime when.
  12. The wings went together with not much fuss. The crude landing gear needs a lot cleaning up. The undercarriage looks a little sparse so have added some interest to these parts. The bad sink marks on either side of the doors are filled in. Will look better when painted and assembled. I've added some starter exhausts, still deciding on how to add the fairing screws. Just a dry fit of the resin parts. These parts will be one of the last items added to the Canberra.
  13. Hello, sorry I've not been on for some days. Work has been very busy at the moment, shouldn't complain. The U/C openings have been thinned downed around the edges, give a more realist edge. The cowls and wings took a lot of trimming and test fitting before committing to glue. The cowls to the wings have been strengthened because the mating surface look weak. The only filler used was some liquid plastic to fill the odd very small seam. The joins are painted and everything looks good. The wheel bays a
×
×
  • Create New...