Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


alex_stela last won the day on December 28 2020

alex_stela had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,798 Excellent


About alex_stela

  • Rank
    New Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Ustroń, Poland
  • Interests
    aircraft models, esp. Falklands War and Korean War

Recent Profile Visitors

1,033 profile views
  1. In 2020 I've completed 5 kits. First one was 1:72 F/A-18F Super Hornet (Hasegawa): Second one was 1:72 IA-58A Pucara (Special Hobby): Next 2 were 1:72 Falklands War Sea Harriers, which were built at the same time, Italeri (ex-ESCI): ...and Airfix: The last one was 1:72 BAE Hawk T.1 (Airfix) of RAF BF: Thank for your attention!
  2. Only 4 kits completed in 2019. First was 1/72 "Hot Shots!" Folland Gnat (Airfix): More pictures in this topic: Second one was 1:72 A-4Q Skyhawk (Airfix): Another Airfix Argentine Skyhawk in 1:72, this time A-4P: The last one in 2019 was 1:72 Phantom FGR.2 (Fujimi): Thank for watching!
  3. I think you get the shade quite right! Very nice Łoś!
  4. Great conversion to Ukrainian S-1M! Details are outstanding, so the paintjob! Ukrainian 1/72 Su-27UB in digital camo is in my near plans, just waiting for Foxbot masks. Have you used them or made your own masks?
  5. There should be no problem with 1/48 decals for 23 Squadron Phantom and 1435 Flight Phantom or Typhoon, as you can find them in Xtradecal offer. But for Tornado F.3 it would be harder - however I found quite old Czech "4+" publication with 1435 Flight decals. I don't know if it's still available. I had the same problem in 1/72, that's why I had to self-print some decals for Tonka and EF. Best regards, Alex
  6. Here is my 1:72 Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4, ZJ949 "H", No. 1435 Flight Royal Air Force, RAF Mount Pleasant, Falkland Islands, 2015. Hasegawa kit, which is a bit disappointing for the "best 1:72 Typhoon kit on the market" - yes, it's nice molded and quite accurate, but have some annoying fit issues and only "in-flight" configuration of engine nozzles. Nothing that you expect from 2012 Hasegawa kit priced about 30 GBP. Small Eduard brass for the cockpit, Reskit exhaust nozzles and Pavla MB Mk.16A ejection seat have been added. Painted mostly with Gunze C334 "Barley Grey". Decals are m
  7. Yes, that is possible. I've read somewhere, that order for yellow ID bands was issued earlier (on 28th April), but I have no proof for that. And even if it's true we can not be sure that on 1st of May all FAA aircraft were already given yellow IDs. So now I think that I-015 or I-019 without yellow IDs is better choice for modeller - we can't be sure if they ever wore it. Unfortunately I can't find any photos of these particular Mirages from a war period.
  8. Yellow ID were on all Fuerza Aerea Argentina combat aircraft (Daggers, A-4s, Mirages, Pucaras, Canberras etc.) since April 1982. They were in different positions and shapes, depending on unit. Because they were considered ineffective or even harmful, all yellow IDs were overpainted about 25 May 1982. The FAA units were not prepared for this operation, so the yellow stripes were overpainted with random paints (that were supplied or that could be bought in nearby stores). That's why some Daggers and Skyhawks from the end of May had blue stripes and others brown or sand - it depended
  9. In the last post on Facebook they wrote that W-3 Sokol and CASA C-295 in 1/72 are still in a design phase. Now they deal with much simplier TS-8 Bies in 1/72 and new versions of W-3 Sokol in 1/48. Overall, they had done only little over the past year. Some already thought that nothing would come of their planned projects. Let's hope they will somehow overcome this crisis, after all it is one of the largest paper model kits companies in the world.
  10. F-51D Mustang - Tamiya F9F-2 Panther - Trumpeter B-26B/C Invader - ICM La-9 - Mikromir F-84G Thunderjet - Tamiya Firefly Mk.5 - Special Hobby Meteor F.8 RAAF - Airfix AD-4 Skyraider - Italeri F-80C Shooting Star - Hobby Boss F4U Corsair - ???
  11. Another one to my "Falklands collection", this time 1:72 Mirage IIIEA, I-014, 1st Squadron, 8th Air Group Argentine Air Force, Rio Gallegos, May 1982. New Modelsvit kit, built "out of the box" except metal Pitot tube (Master) and squadron emblems decals on the fin (Condor Decals). Painted with Gunze Mr.Color C series. The Modelsvit kit itself is just great - extremely well detailed as for 1:72 scale, crispy molded, well fitted (although a bit complicated - definitely not for beginners). I think it was the best short-run kit I've ever assembled. "Work in progress" topic was on
  12. It is just incredible how you could make such a beautiful model from this old kit! I`m very impressed! And I'm glad that you chose Spanish colors - Harriers look very nice with these red/yellow roundels. Now I know what colors my AV-8B will wear! Thanks for sharing!
  • Create New...