Jump to content

Allatsea

Members
  • Content Count

    33
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

173 Excellent

About Allatsea

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Aberdeen/Liverpool

Recent Profile Visitors

397 profile views
  1. Yeah I thought the etch set was pretty good. Looks the part to me once painted. Yup definitely a tail sitter, forgot to add weight to the nose .
  2. Finally finished this one, think it's taken around 6 months working on and off between house moves and work. I know the stigma around this kit, but it's been one of my favourite builds. Kit of firsts for me, first full photo etch cockpit, using filler, using a gloss coat, vacform canopy and an enamel wash... need a lot more practice with the wash though. Airfix 1/48 Buccanner S2/S2C kit used Pavla ejection seats Airwaves photo etch cockpit Kit World decals Areoclub canopy Scratch build bomb bay Sprayed with Tamiya acrylics Humbr
  3. 365games have some on their site for 23.99, just got my dispatch email this morning.
  4. Like everyone else say, the head is fantastic. Any chance of telling your process of getting it looking so realistic?
  5. Getting to the finish line with these 2 now. S2D - decaling is all done. Just need to attach the wings and install the ejection seats. Lost the aerials off the top of the fuselage when moving house so will need to replace them somehow. S2B - build from the S2D boxing so new decals were needed, picked up kits world war birds decals from Hannents. Bomb bay was completed to hide the lack of buldged bomb bay. The kit arrived with no clear parts, lucky the other kit had a vac form canopy, but will need to make the windshield for the co pilot and lights.
  6. That's brilliant. Love the finish on the blue paint.
  7. Managed to finish most of the paintwork now on these two. Started decaling S2D and just waiting for new decals for the B
  8. Hit a snag with this build, I ran out of the paint I was using for the navy Bucc just before I moved house, threw away the pot and now 2 months later cant remember what I was using. I want to say it was tamiya XF54, but when looking online the 54 shade looks a lot lighter on the paint charts. Only place it looks correct is Ebay. Anyone able to guide me in the right direction as to what paint it may be? The harrier and navy buc in the thread is the colour I had been using.
  9. Lol that's an understatement. I've just used tonnes of sprue glue to fill. No where near the standard of yours but good enough for me
  10. Slow progress with these two with all the nice weather. But with the rain this weekend, managed to get a bit more done. Camo work done on the s2b, and a bit of detailing in the bomb bay. Trying to get the air brakes buttoned up and joined to the fuselage was a nightmare, and leave a lot to be desired.
  11. Looks great. I've got two sat waiting for paint at the moment, hope they turn out half as good as yours.
  12. Havnt managed to get much done on this one with the good weather the last few weekends and a bit of bad luck. Started to paint up the buc but ended up dropping my air brush, bending the needle and then somehow sheared off the screw thread on the nozzle in the airbrush. Got my spare out, went to turn on the compressor and... nothing. Couldn't get it to turn on, no idea why it stopped working. Anyway, got a new one on order with some paints. Whilst I'm waiting decided to crack on with the other Buc, cockpit already installed with the air waves photo etch. Getting the fuselage t
  13. Masking tape off and some filling and sanding. Filled the gap in the fuselage created when removing the flaps. Seams between the two fuselage halves wasn't to bad, but my modelling skills ran out with the amount of filling and sanding the intakes and exhausts need. Ill give it a few more passes with the sander to try and blend a little better but I don't want to go too far and end up wrecking it or sapping the enjoyment I'm having building this kit. Taking breaks between sanding I carried on with the airbrakes. Quiet fiddly and defiantly teste
  14. Morning Everyone, After painting up the kit cockpit with the added airwaves photo etch, decided to go ahead and get the neomega resin one as well. Adding the instrument combing from neomega at the front wasn't as easy as i though. Shaving little bits off the kit at a time, test fitting, taking a bit more off, until obviously went too far and took too much off leaving a gap at the front. Anyway turning the upper fuselage upside down and balancing the combing, used a couple dabs of super glue to hold it in place. Then went around the edge using some home made sprue glue to fi
×
×
  • Create New...