Jump to content

RichardL

Members
  • Content Count

    219
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by RichardL

  1. I'm still applying all the little stencils to the wing and fuselage pylons. There are so many of them. I still have two wing pylons left to do. Will put up some pics when I'm done.
  2. Great build so far. Why are people so afraid of doing the splinter camo? It's a cake walk in the park for me. Just use my self-patented method and you won't have any problems: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234956710-airfix-148-saab-ja-37-jaktviggen/page-13
  3. Lower anti-collision light has been carefully removed with a curved x-acto blade. Thanks for pointing this out. The area is then reprayed: I'll regloss the area after decaling.
  4. Thanks Niklas. Yes, please do send me some pictures. It's not too late. I can remove it.
  5. I was hoping the gloss coats would darken/deepen the colours, but that does not seem to be the case here with W & N.
  6. The colours under natural lighting. The tan appears less saturated:
  7. One coat of gloss over the top. I'll spray another coat tomorrow.
  8. It's gloss coating time. The bottom gets it first. I used Winsor & Newton acrylic gloss varnish.
  9. Thanks guys. I did some paint chipping along the LE: I think I did too much on the intake lips, so I will retouch.
  10. Thanks. Yep, the tan appears too saturated with the surrounding colours. When painted alone by itself, the tan colour looks pretty good. Perhaps it will look better with some weathering and under natural lighting.
  11. Got all the paint chips fixed and the LE sprayed black:
  12. I'm currently touching up all the spots that got lifted off. Primer and paint didn't seem to stick well to the photoetched air brakes, so I had to be very careful masking them with just Stick It Notes.
  13. Sorry guys, I took two months off for vacation. Finally got back to it a couple of weeks ago. Got all yellow areas repainted green:
  14. I'm aiming for these colours, which are not overly faded:
  15. I added some XF-5 Flat Green to my yellow mix and resprayed the vertical fin: I like to keep the colours on the lighter side for scale effect. Plus, the todo gloss coats will darken them.
  16. The paint lifted in several spots. Plus, I do not like the mid green colour at all - way too yellow. I will mix the paints again and respray all yellow areas. The dark green colour is OK. The black green is slightly too black, but acceptable.
  17. Removing all the masks turned out to be a real chore in itself:
  18. Masking is complete and the final colour applied:
  19. Yep, lots and lots of masking - more time was spent on masking than building or painting. Front is done, just top left to do:
  20. Still masking the port side. Not much left - just the front to go:
×
×
  • Create New...