Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Farnarkle last won the day on March 16 2015

Farnarkle had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

491 Excellent

About Farnarkle

  • Rank
    New Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Gold Coast

Recent Profile Visitors

302 profile views
  1. Hello All, Finished this one off - sat on the shelf of doom for over 12 months. Decals are ordinary. Fit in some places poor, Landing gear problematic due to uneven location lugs. Ian Happy Modelling all. Ian
  2. Hi All, My interpretation of the Blockade Runner from Episode IV Bandai's immaculate box scale tantive IV Happy Modelling , Ian
  3. Hello All, DML's teeny tiny Hetzer in 1/144 Just needs to be glued properly into the base Ian
  4. Hello All, It's been a long time - Sweet's 1/144 P-51B/C modified to a RAF recon Mustang. Thanks for looking. Ian
  5. Farnarkle

    1/72 Dragon Churchill Mk.III AVRE

    Hello Roman, Very nice work. What colour Gunze Acrylic paint did you use as the base colour green if I may ask? Regards from Australia, Ian
  6. Hello All, This was part of a GB for the 100 Anniversary of the RAF. The kit is the 1963 pop of the Avro Anson from Airfix in its 1970's boxing guise. A bit of a labour of love and is no show winner, but she was bought second hand unbuilt and saved from the rubbish dump. Thanks for looking and Happy Modelling, Ian
  7. Hello All, This was progressing excellently till I removed the canopy masking and found that I'd cracked the canopy.... Grrrr it's only a hobby (repeat 50x) Apologies for the rubbish formatting - still getting used to embedding from flickr. Ian
  8. Farnarkle

    1/144 DML Tiger and Flamm Hetzer

    No not quite up to the standard of needing an electron microscope although a pair of $10 reading glasses does wonders!
  9. Hello All, after an enforced layoff from modelling I have recovered these from the shelf of shame and completed the builds. Questions and comments welcome. Gee hope this works, not used to using Flickr after the photobucket debacle last year..... Happy Modelling Ian
  10. Yes that is pretty darned good. have one in the stash and might camo mine too Ian
  11. Farnarkle

    Spitfire VIII kitbash eduard 1/144

    Hello Paul, Roundels and empennage flash are from Kits World 1/144 spitfire set. The rest are from the ebay 1/144 direct store. Not sure if they are in print still. Thanks for the comment and it would be good to see your spitty. Ian
  12. A kitbash of the eduard 1/144 Spitfire. Fun Build ... Depicting a RAAF plane from 452 Sqn 1945. Thanks for looking. Ian
  13. A few weeks ago I posted a Star destroyer from Bandai. So much fun I thought I'd give another a go and try a slightly different approach to the paint finish. Below is the result. A final pic with her sister ship. Thanks for looking Ian
  14. Hello All, First time in this section of the forum. Saw one of these a couple of weeks ago on another forum. Was impressed enough to try to track a couple down on online for a quick fun build. So I present Bandai's diminutive non scale Star destroyer. It's about as big as your palm. Superb snap fit engineering although I did use tamiya ultra thin cement to ensure a good fit. - a smidgen of filler was needed to fill a couple of smallish gaps but overall good fun to do. Paint is tamiya primer then gunze acrylic light aircraft gray H332 and some gunze very pale gray H331 and off white H2. Finish this off with some USN white H316 highlights on raised panels and some dappling. a pin wash of varying shades of artists acrylic eye mixed grey and MiG filters and oils from their winter camo set. Apologies for the iphone pics - doesn't really show up the tones very well. Happy Modelling All Ian
  15. Farnarkle

    Tamiya Quad Gun Tractor

    Yeah good stuff... Wow I don't think I have anything left from even a decade ago....... Happy Modelling. Ian