Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

SeaNorris.

Members
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

6 Neutral

About SeaNorris.

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Liverpool

Recent Profile Visitors

59 profile views
  1. Cheers guys! I have another two Hurris in build (Airfix MkIIc and Airfix MkI early) and a Airfix Spitfire and Lanc, not sure what will appear next. The acrylics are really making things much better though.
  2. Another completed build from myself and again (I apologise for so many of them!) its another Hurricane. Again this is another brush painted effort, my airbrushing times are a bit of a way off at the moment, but I'm enjoying the brush painting. It is a fictional effort, depicting Hurricane 'KZ335' in Russian service (this aircraft was really used in Greece according to some sources). MkIIc's seems less common in Russian service compared with the MkIIb. This was the Revell kit again, it went together really nicely again and this time I managed to get all four cannons off the sprues without breaking one, the markings here came from a Revell MiG-3 kit with all the common markings from the Revell Hurri kit. I need to find two cheap MkIs so I could do Romanian and Finnish examples. Cheers!
  3. I've got this kit to the painting stage now however I have come across one thing I can't figure out. I have gone for the two blade prop and although it fits into the hole provided, it doesn't spin as it would come back out. Is it meant to be glued on? That would be a shame if so but want to confirm before I do anything like that. Thanks.
  4. Cheers, your Hurri looks great! The Airfix builds quite nicely but it has some short falls compared to the Revell one in my opinion. I am probably going to airbrush the Gladiator I have on the go so excited to see how it turns out.
  5. Hi all, I used to do a bit of modelling 5+ years ago when I was a bit younger with mixed results, I still have some stuff half built that now might get finished. I have loads of kits knocking about that I've bought over the years and have recently really wanted to get back into it. To start off, I went for brush painting (although I have an airbrush, I am just bedding myself back in). My first three models are all of my favourite type, the Hawker Hurricane, they all happen to be the MkIIc varient too although I do have the latest Airfix MkI ready to go at some point. Sorry about the photos, they didn't come out too good but I do intend to sort out a proper scene to photograph stuff in. They are in 'build order', so the first one was my first build and the one at the bottom was the latest! 1. Revell - Hawker Hurricane MkIIc (Trop) - 336 Squadron (Greek) A really nice straightforward build, the only real problem I had with this was the cannons, which naturally snapped off and had to be glued together again. The fit seemed pretty nice although one wing could have done with some filler. Decals went on nice although my positioning of the tail markings could be better. Brush painted with freehand camo so might not look the best, the bottom colour was Humbrol "RAF Blue" as their Azure Blue seemed way off, it's not perfect but seemed closer. The spinner was painted black because I messed up with the red paint which seemed really watery! 2. Hobby Boss - Hawker Hurricane MkIIc - 87 Squadron This was the easiest of the three to build, although it did need gluing together and a fair bit of sanding down to get the fuselage to fit into the wings, also the elevators needed filing to fit into the slots also. Decals went on nicely but they seem too bright compared with the Revell/Airfix offerings. Paint was again freehand, although not sure on the colours, I'm sure they could be better. 3. Airfix - Hawker Sea Hurricane MkIIc - 835 NAS This was largely nice to build but had a few issues, the gear struts were really fiddly to get off the sprue and both snapped, one bit I could not actually find but isn't too noticeable. The propellor looks too small compared with the other two kits and the aerial mast seemed too short, so I cut one off an old Hurricane I made some years ago and filed it down to size to match it. This took a few coats of white, yet only one coat of the underside paint was needed. The decals went on nicely, this was the scheme I wanted to do the most. Again, sorry for the photos, I'll have something better next time I have something to post. I'm happy enough with how they came out, I know they could have been better (defintely with the airbrush) but I find the process of it all very relaxing. Thanks!
×
×
  • Create New...