Jump to content

David Mooney

Gold Member
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About David Mooney

  • Birthday 09/28/1975

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

1,281 profile views

David Mooney's Achievements

Established Member

Established Member (3/9)



  1. Thank you for your comment and getting the decals to look real isnt as hard as it seems, just a bit of faffing about. I always gloss before decalling, i did try doing it without the glossing step but always hit issues so i returned to basics. Then lay the decals down and leave to dry, then add another layer of gloss onto and very lightly sand the decal area, keep doing this until the aircraft and decal layer is the same........then finish with the varnish of choice. Hope that helps.
  2. No, not this time but on the bench are two Fw190 A-8's of the Hasegawa variety.
  3. Thank you Yeti, I'm surprised you think its an ugly looking aircraft but beauty is in the eye of the beholder isnt it. I do try to avoid doing any photo enhancing in case people complain, but how about this one for looking realistic?! Thanks Grae, the hanging antenna is the FuG 16ZY Morane Antenna. The Morane antenna and the wire antenna were part of the send-receive part of the radio that included integration of the 'Y' control system. The Morane antenna was the transmission antenna and the wire antenna was the receiver antenna and found on many German WW2 aircraft. Dave
  4. Hello all, i hope you have been keeping safe. I decided to do another one of Trumpeters Me262 A-1a's knowing that some of the issues could be fixed. As many are probably aware the weapons hatches on the front are pretty poor in shape and form, so this was addressed and hopefully look pretty decent this time. EagelCal decals were used for this aircraft plus Quickboost seat and Brassin wheels. Paints used were C117, C121,C122 all from Gunze. As ever, please feel free to comment on the build even if you think there could be improvement's Thanks for looking, keep safe folks!
  5. I did go through a 'trail and error' stage with other solid colours and then the clear green idea popped into my head to try...and it seemed to look better. These J's came looking remarkably different to each other so it's more a case of adding what you need to get what you want. Of note, for the radome on 'Echo' the closest match I could get was Halfords grey primer but again they varied in service and time period.
  6. The base is made on a 600 x 600mm insulation floor tile as a base. I cut/scored the concrete sections first and then covered it with a pva and a dusting of filler and grout to give it texture, then painted afterwards. Hope that helps I tend to stick to Gunze paints where its possible, so i went for GS C334 (plus a bit of clear green) CC335 and C332 for this build Getting 'that' shot always seems to make things look.......maybe the sunsetting takes peoples eyes away the minor errors lol Thanks all
  7. Cheers Rob, The 'skyflash' underneath were paint a light grey, but the picture i had of one was labelled as a skyflash but its possible it was labelled in error and was a Sparrow....#nightmare. Hands up on the AIM-9's, I knew they wasn't quite as accurate as id have liked. Thanks for the critique as it does help me improve my builds and get them more accurate.
  8. Thanks for your comments, could I ask what the problem is with the missiles? I cant change these but good to have critique to improve the next one.
  9. Hahaha! I hope I have corrected that, but I think it was a 'fat finger' moment
  10. Hello all, I hope everyone is keeping well. This F-4J is built from the Tamiya kit, so there maybe a few inaccuracies in the final make up from the real thing, so apologies for that. It had been a 'thing' I have always wanted to build but sadly we don't have a good 1/32 F-4 that is suitable for the RAF except these of 74th Squadron that were directly imported from the US. Only add on were the smile lights that came from Eduard, painted with Gunze paints and all stores are fitted with magnets.
  11. Merry Christmas Andy, believe it or not but the photos are just done with a mobile phone and a light box, the outdoor ones are.....done outdoors lol
  12. Yes, for some reason the trumpeter kit has the slot filled in, I did a little research and couldn't find out if there was a mechanism thats filled the hole when it was in the closed position or not. Thanks for your comment
  13. Imagine the amount of easy-outs you'd need on that bad boy eh?! Thanks Graeme
  14. hahahaha! allegedly next week we are in for the white stuff, so i might have a good opportunity to get some nicer pictures with a snowy background. Im not too sure on the placing of the extra armour, i wonder if its only of the starboard side as the pilots would tend to fly circuits in a counter clockwise pattern, so not having it on the portside gave them extra visibility..........well thats my theory lol
  15. Hello all, keep in safe I hope. Well this Ju-87 was started at the same time as my 109 (1/32 Bf109E White 13 'Another sortie done' - Ready for Inspection - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com) due to the hope that I would be getting some nice wintery weather as a back drop for the photos........but sadly like 2020 its self, it didnt work out! So, onto the plane, it went together very well without any fit issues at all and painted with Gunze paints. No after market pieces except some homemade seat belts and then weathered with oils. Ok, some might reckon its over done but this was an effect I was after on this one :-)
  • Create New...