Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

milktrip

Gold Member
  • Content Count

    1,390
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

milktrip last won the day on August 29 2016

milktrip had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2,350 Excellent

About milktrip

  • Rank
    Get Schwifty!
  • Birthday 02/13/1984

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Glorious Ellon or a tin island
  • Interests
    1/72 helicopters.

Recent Profile Visitors

1,673 profile views
  1. Hello, I would like to present my 1/72 Avro Rota C.30 in Swiss livery. RS Models kit out of box apart from the addition of PE seat belts. A quick build; nice little kit so I have another on the bench Thanks for looking Aaron
  2. Thanks all. Im afraid I don’t know Vince. These were used before my time offshore.
  3. Sorry its a bit late, but Thanks for hosting a great GB Craig and congratulations to everyone that took part and the Poll winners.
  4. Hello, I would like to present my 1/72 SA.330 Puma in Bristow’s livery. Based around Sumburgh, Shetland & Dyce, Aberdeen circa 1979. Airfix kit with Whirlybirds resin conversion for the radar and sponsons. Decals were a mix from my spares. Certainly not my best effort but I am pleased with it. Thanks for looking Aaron
  5. Sorry for the lack of updates. I had some problems with the bubble windows that ended up stalling the build. Re-kindled the build and successfully managed to vac form two suitable bubble windows (although, I haven’t removed the masking yet, so fingers crossed they are still okay ). Since this success, I’ve primed and painted the model. Currently working on the finishing touches of the decals. I have returned to work today, so progress has halted for at least two weeks. The decals are a mix of kit, spares and home brew. This was the first-time using inkjet printed homemade decals and I’m pleased with the results (I was expecting disasters!!) The “CH” logo on the rear tail rotors is a little pixelated and there is a slight colour run, but overall, they look good. I’ll have to apply another small section of red pinstripe decal as a small section ripped away when removing some masking. This should be an easy fix. So, to summarise my to do: Finish applying decals and repair minor decal faults shorten the rear Oleo struts to give a more rearward droop as per reference photos. Fit wheels Finish underside of rotors Some Tamiya smoke on the engine exhausts Semi Matt Klear Kote (alclad) I took some photos during the paint and decaling stages, the final two photos show the models current status That’s excellent info @128fiddler. Cheers for that. I’ve managed to find a photo online of a different Columbia BV-107 that shows a bit more of the rear and it looks as if these were open. thanks for looking Aaron
  6. add me please.
  7. add me please. I'm interested. cheers Aaron
  8. great detailing. loving the pedals, nice work
  9. Cracking paint work. lots of depth.
  10. that seat is amazing, Nigel!!! You do realise that you've set the bar extremely high; We are expecting the pilot seats to be adjustable too...
  11. The imagine in my original post doesn't show it well, but the Columbia BV-107's have bubble windows on either side. One larger than the other. This pic is better. cheers Aaron
  12. Thank you very much guys. Bit out of practice with the vac forming and my first attempt didn’t work out; too big. I’ve started making two new moulds. However, I’ve been ask to go back to work for a week so I’ll be away from the bench until then. cheers Aaron
  13. thanks very much guys. a small update: I wasn't certain, but some photos looked like the top section of windows were tinted so I've applied some Tamiya smoke to part of the pit glazing. I'm in the process of building moulds for the bubble windows. I've cut the the kit parts and masked and glued into their final position. I've also applied a wash and highlights to the cockpit. I used the cut offs as a template and built the frames from plastic card. The bubbles are black milliput which are coated in varnish; they need some minor finishing then I'll attempt to vacuum mould them. * Yes, they are suppose to be different sizes. ** sorry for the poor photo quality. cheers for looking Aaron
×
×
  • Create New...