Jump to content

Wee Beastie

Members
  • Content Count

    961
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

3,434 Excellent

4 Followers

About Wee Beastie

  • Rank
    Obsessed Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Hampshire

Recent Profile Visitors

1,782 profile views
  1. Thanks John. I use a 0.4mm for the general work, and 0.2mm for the finer work.
  2. Apologies for the long gap between updates. My new job, and subsequent change in working hours, means I am maximising my bench time, rather than spending a loads of time on updates. So, after applying the black primer, I painted the white spine panel, and the pink tail. I mad my own pink mix, to match the pink in the decals. These were masked off, and the main metal colour airbrushed on. This is Vallejo Metal Colours acrylic Dark Aluminium. Then a lot of time masking, and spraying, random panels and hatches, with various shades of Metal Colours. Decals went on well. This was followed
  3. Cockpit successfully installed, into the fuselage. Just a bit of sanding to get a good fit, then a small amount of filler to finish off. Also started to add some rivet detail too. 730BA785-8382-4725-99D4-21838870A07F by ian gaskell, on Flickr EC297098-7CBE-4E6D-81B0-19EBFC6EE693 by ian gaskell, on Flickr 623E1789-9F94-4045-8C1C-AE6616954A32 by ian gaskell, on Flickr
  4. Thank you Alan. The Hataka paints are very good. Best to use their own lacquer thinners. Mix to 50:50, and spray in light coats, building up the colour. Gives a good hard finish. They are not as smelly as some other lacquer/enamel paints.
  5. Thanks Unc. Yes, original request was to use the NeOmega pit. The chap I’m building for then contacted me, and asked if minded using the QMT one instead, which he then supplied. Have to say, I’m pleasantly surprised at the level of detail.
  6. Latest WIP update. Due to a new job, with different hours (made redundant from my last job), I've less time at the bench now. Cockpit and seats finished. This is QMT’s lovely resin set. Finished in Hataka Orange Line lacquer, and Blue Line acrylic paints. 063F2B54-C7B7-4D82-A745-6B93980FF23B by ian gaskell, on Flickr 13CA70D8-010F-4D27-A504-A29C2F7F41C1 by ian gaskell, on Flickr 97C5B4CB-564E-4AE5-9D98-205605316A2F by ian gaskell, on Flickr 45918B25-5CF4-4EA5-B815-7FCE5D016F4F by ian gaskell, on Flickr 5EA04440-47DD-4A3D-A537-1C8431CEBA33 by ian gaskell, on F
  7. 1/48 Sword EE/BAC Lightning T.5 A bit of scratch building inside the canopy. Then masking, and painting, including the canopy glass seals on the main canopy. Detail highlighted with some dry-brushing. Nosecone also done. Black based, with some pre-shading, then painted Olive green. Light green Aquarelle watercolour pencil used to add scratches. DSC_4155 by ian gaskell, on Flickr DSC_4156 by ian gaskell, on Flickr DSC_4157 by ian gaskell, on Flickr DSC_4160 by ian gaskell, on Flickr DSC_4161 by ian gaskell, on Flickr
  8. There will definitely be some work needed. The resin set is really designed to fit in NeOmega’s resin T.5 conversion set, for the Airfix kit. A test fit shows that the inside of the fuselage halves, where the cockpit fits, will need the locating points removing. There are also bits for the conversion sets vac-form canopy, which are redundant for he kit.
  9. I am going to do this for my next build, Sword's 1/48 Lightning T.5. This is a commission build, and I have been asked to build XS452 "Pink Flamingo", based at RAF Akrotiri in 1975 The aftermarket supplied is as follows:- NeOmega resin cockpit set QMT canopy mask QMT resin FOD cover Master Models metal pitot Xtradecal set X48152 I'll also be using the Daco Publications Uncovering the Lightning book, for reference. F887D36B-E1FD-4014-9D03-2197EE6A09CD by ian gaskell, on Flickr 447D2224-91E9-43A7-8B7E-DD7C523FE28D by ian gaskell, on Flickr 2BF6BEEF-92EF-4AE4-8212
  10. Believe it or not, it’s only just bigger than an Flanker.
  11. As mine is depicting the Yorkshire Air Museum’s exhibit, I have noticed that it is showing signs of being out in our wonderful British weather for the last 18 months, or so. There can’t be many Mirage IV’s that have bird droppings streaked down the tail either.
  12. All completed. Some French sexiness! Ian G-4083 by ian gaskell, on Flickr
  13. I have now completed my Heller 1/48 Mirage IV A, depicting the exhibit seen at the Yorkshire Air Museum. Quite a testing build, a real fighter, and my first attempt at a complete re-scribe (and depicting bird droppings!) A bit annoyed with some silvering, on some of the decals. It didn't come to light, until after they were dry. More a case of operator error, than the decals themselves, I think. Resin cockpit set, and wheels. Metal refuelling probe, and decals from 3 different decals sets, to get the correct markings. Painted with Hataka Orange Line lacquer paints. Ian G-4078 by i
  14. After a matt coat, pastels have been used to carry out the weathering. Also the undercarriage is now attached. DSC_4063 by ian gaskell, on Flickr DSC_4064 by ian gaskell, on Flickr DSC_4065 by ian gaskell, on Flickr DSC_4067 by ian gaskell, on Flickr DSC_4072 by ian gaskell, on Flickr DSC_4075 by ian gaskell, on Flickr
×
×
  • Create New...