Jump to content

danimalmagic

Members
  • Content Count

    841
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by danimalmagic

  1. That was quick i know!! Just a few images of the finished article, now straight into my dust proof cabinet, i think i may need to wash my trusted white backing sheet. Thanks for looking. Danny
  2. Hi all, i started this a couple of years ago and never got much past the engine, i have had a little break from commission work so i have spent the last two weeks finishing her off. The kit goes together very well with little or no drama and i really quite enjoyed this one. First up was the shocks/coil overs, there are pretty basic and i did consider scratch building some progressive springs but that would take me down the rabbit hole and there is no time for that. The top rear shocks have a black wash to define the gaps between the spring coils but that is it, you can not really see them
  3. Thats why I did not get too much into the Brit version, I will stick to my plan.
  4. Hi all, i have decided a while back that it was well pass time i stepped away from commission work and took a bit of time for yours truly, i had been pondering dipping my toe into an armour project for some years and i thought i may as well do something a bit challenging, words i may come to regret. So some time ago i started saving my pennies and trolling Ebay for all the parts i needed, the last and most delicate obstacle was negotiating the time with SWMBO but a quick bribe with some hard cash sorted that, needless to say i am now Broke!!! The project will be based around the awesome loo
  5. Thanks Richard, i was tempted to add some white speckles to give that milky way effect you see at night but decided i was pushing my luck and it would be best left well alone.
  6. Hi all, it’s been a while since I posted last but with good reason, for the last 14 weeks I have been working at this 1/350 Diorama and it has been quite a challenge but it is now finally done. The basics of the project were a bespoke internally lighted back box with a star field effect, 2 x 1/350 Klingon Birds of Prey (KBOP’s) and of course the rather huge 1/350 Enterprise Re Fit with a shuttle coming into land. I started out with the Back Box, this is made from 2 sheets of Aluminium Sheet 2.5mm thick x 610mm wide x 2250mm long separated with an internal wooden frame to create the
  7. This was the initial image of 762 and i was really going to dirty it up but when i scoured through all the other images she was really quite clean, so i just done the majority of the weathering with pre shading and post shading filters then a little light yellow staining on the control surfaces on the underside, sometimes less is more. Regards Danny
  8. All my models are safely in the cabinet and i don't like to move them, to give you an idea the wingspan = 33" and fuselage length = 24.5", it is not small that's for sure
  9. Hi all, it's been a while, I started this project back in February 2017 and managed to get 6 weeks done before commission work took over. By that time most of the hard work was done which just left the painting to do, well for the most part. I was working to copy VMGR-352 QB-6762 as I wanted to make sure I was working to an existing Harvest Hawk, I managed in the end to find some good reference material for 762 and I like the colour scheme so that was the final choice. I have had a bit of free time between commissions so the last two weeks I have got stuck in again. To recap, all th
  10. Yes I did, never heard back, I have resolve it myself now, next update in a few days
  11. Hi all i am currently building the MFH Ferrari 512 BB LM and i need a copy of the Template for the floor, it is called the Aluminium sheet guide, if someone could scan this and send me a size for size copy that would be great. I am not happy with the floor as it is and i want to re do it with plasticard painted with Alclad Gloss Aluminium but i need the sheet guide, i would be grateful for any assistance here. Regards Danny
  12. Next up was fitting the engine to the chassis, this took a little while to get right as the mounts did not quite align, all the parts have dimple in them so you can not go wrong when drilling but as you can imagine with everything being cast white metal and resin you will get a build up of tolerance errors. I had to do a number of test fits to get right but eventually it snapped into place and could have the mounting screws fitted. With that done i could mount the breaks and hubs, i just need to re set the the left carb funnel bracket as it cam loose during the engine test
  13. Adding the wiring and carb piping was the most difficult bit to date and it took a couple of days, very fiddly with my porky old fingers, another nasty old seam on the pipework that will have to go Rear shocks painted up, damper rods polished up with auto-sol prior to painting and assembly. Rear drive and breaks, i need to do a darker wash here. Chassis ready for engine mounting.
  14. Hi all, i have been steadily working away at this for the last two weeks, i have to say the accuracy and detail of the kit is very impressive, not the easiest of projects but quite satisfying as it comes together. Most of the parts are white metal and nearly all need to be drilled in one way or another, there are some resin parts too, still a number of weeks to go until completion and a great deal more parts to prep and paint. Basics of the Carb's done just some fine detailing to do. Tamiya TS-17 Gloss Aluminium, i was tempted to use Alclad but i could see no real benefit
  15. Thanks Guys, a very cool project for me, may still have a tinker with the weathering yet.
×
×
  • Create New...