Jump to content

Quentin

Members
  • Posts

    237
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Quentin

  • Birthday 08/16/1961

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://modelaircraftinpc10.blogspot.co.uk/
  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Recent Profile Visitors

1,015 profile views

Quentin's Achievements

Established Member

Established Member (3/9)

13

Reputation

  1. Haven't visited for quite a while now but this looks like one to follow! Looking fantastic so far. I like the idea of the carbon fibre wing spars.
  2. Well, I would never have predicted that as a follow-up to the SE5. Looking fantastic. Keep up the good work! (I've been a bit slow catching up on this one.)
  3. That is looking superb. Don't envy you all those lozenges. There's a reason I stick to British subject(s). Bet you breathed a sigh of relief when the masking tape came off.
  4. Thanks for the latest comments and advice. Love the Bleriot. I'll definitely think about monofilament for my next project, whenever that will be, because cutting tiny pieces of stretched sprue to length and then tautening them up without melting them into little spools of plastic is a nightmare, as I may have mentioned. I've just logged in for the first time in months, so quite lucky to be able to reply in a reasonable time. Must be a special dolphin sense. While I'm here, though... Just got round to ordering a display case (http://www.acrylicdisplaycases.co.uk/) and here it is. My plan now is to make a scenic base and then it's just about finished and ready for RFI. (I remember saying I was going to do a figure representing Lt Worthington, but hopefully nobody will remember about that).
  5. I completely agree. Once you start to lose interest, it's all too easy to get a bit reckless and make stupid mistakes. I like the magic marker idea. I'll be interested to see how it turns out. And by the way, hooray! Glad to see this build on its way again.
  6. Oh blinking heck, I was feeling quite smug about my own efforts in 1/72nd scale until I read this. Absolutely astonishing. Useful reminder that you don't have to use styrene for everything. I keep forgetting that. Thanks for posting.
  7. Thanks everyone. Hope to have it on its scenic base before long.
  8. Nice to see some more progress on this build. It's looking great.
  9. Thanks for the tip - I didn't think of that. For the record, I think I melted 4 or 5 stretches out of a total of 50ish, so it wasn't as bad as I feared. And after a while you find yourself waving the soldering iron about as cool as a few cucumbers (to quote P G Wodehouse).
  10. I concur - that's how I did it when adding a bit of detailing to the Toko Snipe. I'll keep an eye on this build. I like the methodical way you've set about it. Also I like the Snipe and I like the look of these WNW kits. In short: like.
  11. Thanks! There are quite a few mistakes, inaccuracies and imperfections that I might describe in due course - they could serve as useful warnings or reminders to others. But overall I'm quite pleased with the way it's turned out.
  12. They certainly are. I'd be interested to know how you get on with bending the vanes to shape, though. I had to give up.
  13. Thanks - I'm quite pleased with it myself. I might be the reason that Hannants is out of stock - I had their last one. But they say that more are on their way. That is a fiendish-looking device by the way. I'd be interested to know if it works. I'm just going to stick with your toothbrush technique.
×
×
  • Create New...