Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Cheshiretaurus

Gold Member
  • Content Count

    1,290
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Cheshiretaurus last won the day on February 22 2015

Cheshiretaurus had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,429 Excellent

1 Follower

About Cheshiretaurus

  • Rank
    To boldly go where no modeller has gone before..
  • Birthday 20/05/1971

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    MCT 282R 11.1D
  • Interests
    Flying, Sailing, photography, 1:72

Recent Profile Visitors

5,259 profile views
  1. Cheshiretaurus

    Humbrol gloss cote

    White spirit or Mr levelling thinner works ok,
  2. Airfix P51D new tool kit built OOB to go with my previous P51 build - Drop tanks in this kit do not have the characteristic seam line so the were made from 0.3mm Plastruct square rod. - One tank corrected so both have the filling point on the left. - 0.3mm round rod used as the actuator in the radiator cooling duct. - Tamiya tape harness. - Arial in the kit was so badly moulded it was replace with one made with plastic strip. - Upper engine access panel centre line was scribed with its screws marked in. - Painted in Humbrol enamel with the paint numbers given by the kit except Alclad 106 White aluminium used for the NMF with the shade altered on some panels by mixing it with gloss black enamel. - Flap retraction areas were finished using chrome baremetal foil. - Underwing lights made by adding a little CA into the recess allowing it to set in a concave shape. aluminium foil was then glued into the recess and finished with blob of appropriate Tamiya clear colour. - Decals applied with MicroSol & MicroSet. - Flory Black & grime Washes. - Model was given a coat of Humbrol Gloss Cote prior to decals, washes and oil dot weathering then matted with Humbrol Matt Cote. - Jeep is from the Academy P51 kit enjoy Thanks for looking.
  3. Cheshiretaurus

    A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

    That MDC is the height of perfection. Fingers crossed it will go onto shape. I'd say use brute force and ignorance but non of your work has ever involved that sort of thing. I'm sure you will find the way.
  4. Cheshiretaurus

    Cutting Small Tubes

    There was somebody demonstrating this technique at Telford last year, Think it was on the Albion Alloys stand. I had a go there and then and it was very easy to do. CT
  5. Cheshiretaurus

    A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

    Teaspoon & mouse-mat.
  6. Cheshiretaurus

    A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

    Taking it to the next level or what, The student has become the master! Just a case now of finding the limit in size you can get down to. A thought did occur to me a few days ago and if you have any darkroom stuff was maybe using 35mm black and white photographic film to photograph a big version of your artwork and scaling it such knowing that a 35mm frame on the negative is 36x24mm could be the way to ultra high definition artworks beyond what an inkjet can do. Just sharing out aloud a random idea that I had. All looking good Steve, keep it up CT
  7. Cheshiretaurus

    A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

    Now that's the business
  8. Cheshiretaurus

    A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

    Excellent and well done Steve. You can now join the BMGoBE Brit Modeller Guild of Brass Etchers PE MDC next ? CT Edited due damn auto correct changing my words.
  9. Cheshiretaurus

    A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

    Success I'll add that to the tutorial when I get chance. And the bonus is we now know how to strip the resist later. May I ask how much the developer was from Maplin? CT
  10. Cheshiretaurus

    A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

    It could be that the dryfilm you have is slightly different than what I used. I'm reading up on some PCB making instructions of using sodium carbonate as a developer and sodium hydroxide as a stripper. Sodium carbonate is avaible on eBay not sure what strength solution to make maybe start with 1%
  11. Cheshiretaurus

    A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

    Could be that the laminator isn't hot enough. Maybe go over it after with the iron afterwards.
  12. Cheshiretaurus

    A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

    Not seen that happen before. I'm sure you will have but have to rule it out. Did you definitely remove one side of the protective film before applying the resist to the brass. I know you removed the other side before developing. Only thing I can think off. Don't think it would afheard to the brass with it still on. Another thing to try is apply some resist to a small off cut. And expose it directly for a min or two without the artwork and see if that peels off in the caustic. If think of anything else I'll put it on here.
  13. Cheshiretaurus

    A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

    CT is now pondering the possible implications of introducing a top lawyer to the use of dodgy chemical in his home....
  14. Cheshiretaurus

    A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

    Ah didnt read the last bit, "I've stuck em to one side out of the light and I'll see how the developing and etching goes tomorrow....." note to self....must start reading in full before posting replies.
  15. Cheshiretaurus

    A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

    That exposure looks spot on, nicely done, If your not going to develop it in the caustic immediately then make sure you keep it in the dark. so far so good, fingers crossed. CT
×