Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

AFV Content

Showing topics in WWI & Interwar, WWII, Cold War, Modern, Work in Progress - Armour, Ready for Inspection - Armour, Real Armour, Armour Chat, large Scale AFVs (1:16 and above), Kits, Armoured Fighting Vehicle Reviews, Aftermarket, Diorama & Accessory and Reference Material and articles posted in for the last 365 days.

This stream auto-updates     

  1. Past hour
  2. Simply amazing! You have outstanding skills, congratulation to this masterpiece. cheers, Tamas
  3. This is my experience of War Thunder in one image. In all seriousness, very good dio, I love the way you've done the bullet holes, very convincing. Decals are a bit shiny though, did you do the thing with the gloss varnish and the matt varnish?
  4. Today
  5. Front panel modified to reflect sloping plate, turret started and first wheel has straight cleats ground off so correct diagonals can be added once I've added a new plastic wheel outer to allow plastic to plastic glueing. IMG_3179 by tankienz, on Flickr
  6. Yesterday
  7. photos of painted stuka assembly just placed on. hope to get camouflage done tomorrow
  8. Great build and excellent weathering. John.
  9. I have to say that the CAD images do look like the proverbial mutts' nuts. And MiniArt usually back it up for real. Sorry Takom: League 2 for you ............ Academy and awful Tamiya best forgotten. I'm sure someone will find fault with it, and I suppose the absolutely perfect kit has yet to be created. I can see this now in a diorama with the new Panzer Art desert crewmen or some of MiniArt's own desert figures fuelling and bombing up, engine covers open, desert cooker on the go, maybe an awning rigged on one side, someone in or on the turret on AA watch. I wonder if any of the after-market people - or the more adventurous and skilled among us (rules me out) - will attempt "sunshades". Wafer-thin resin might be hard to do.
  10. That's exactly what I thought as soon as I saw the picture.
  11. Just had a quick click on it to test, and although it hesitated for around a second, the page did come up, so it was either a minor internet aberration, or something your end
  12. Splendid work... and by hand... very steady hands then...
  13. I commanded a battery of these guns so I am very intimately familiar with every bit of them. We actually had a Chinese version on trial and it is really very different, a built-in traversing platform for one and wheels to help open and close the trails. Egypt gave the Sultanate 12 guns which had been standing on a gun park somewhere for many years. The range was important because with them we could hit the Yemeni base at Habrut from the SAF positions at Sarfait. The Sultan himself felt strongly about this because he had been shelled by Yemeni 130s while visiting troops at Sarfait. They were superb guns although we did have some problems. The sights had to be converted from Soviet mils to Nato mils. We actually used 25pdr sights of which there was a good supply. Sadly somebody blundered in converting the range table and Charge 3 was rather doubtful at certain elevations. They also had solid rubber tires which had a nasty habit of catching fire!
  14. Try resistance soldering it is easier! https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235035815-takom-spz-abt-505-tiger-ausf-b/ post #9 and #24
  15. Hi Badder. As always you are very kind. Thank you. I was pleased this kit came with the engine and the option to have it on display as I'd never done a AFV with one before (which reminds me - I did take photos of the engine in progress and could have included a couple of photos in the first post - when Flickr is working properly again I will get some posted.) Thank you again. Kind regards, Stix
  16. That's a great, battered looking IS-2! Superb weathering! Kind regards, Stix
  17. Wow! That is superbly impressive! Amazing weathering and finish! Kind regards, Stix
  18. That really is very impressive (as all your modelling is!) Beautifully modelled, displayed and photographed. Kind regards, Stix
  19. I saw this kit a while back going relatively cheap in a sale but I failed to acquire it. Having now seen you beautiful model I wish I had purchased it. Ah well. Fantastic modelling all round! Kind regards, Stix
  20. That really is excellent all round! Very well done! Kind regards, Stix
  21. Thanks both of you for the comments. Yes, I thought that it would make a nice change from the usual sandy finish. John.
  22. Did some work on the tracks, well one one track, the left side only for now. Haven't done anything with the spare tracks yet. I was going to put some of that thick black mud on the wheels and tracks but if I goof then it's impossible to remove so I think the lower sides of the hull are ok for that stuff, not that it can really be seen. Yes I know there is a gap at the front on the glacis and gaps where the sponsons don't quite meet the upper hull on each side. In order to make the upper hull removable then the gaps become a fact of life. My first 1/16 Panther is the same and I don't notice any longer. Well since that one has side skirts then the gaps on the sides are hidden.
  23. Last week
  24. Thanks Yeoman. Yep, and they still never come out clean.
  25. The painting looks superb! The metal tracks are fantastic - looks like real!
  26. I can second (or - more accurately - third) the recommendation on Forgebear. They are very good, professional people to deal with. Chris.
  1. Load more activity
  • Create New...