GREG DESTEC

Gold Member
  • Last visited

About GREG DESTEC

• Birthday 07/09/1963

Profile Information

• Interests
    World War 2 subjects in general. Aircraft in particular.

Recent Profile Visitors

4,724 profile views

GREG DESTEC's Achievements

Very Obsessed Member

Very Obsessed Member (5/9)

1. Excellent work Adrian. Gotta love these small scale biplanes especially when finished as well as this one. Well done 👍
  2. Looks good to me 😁 nice work on the weathering. Coming along nicely. Cheers Greg 👍
  3. Nice work on your dioramas. I hope you find a solution to the Spitfire canopy. You've nothing to lose cutting up the kit one if Ian C sends you a vac form. Cheers Greg 👍
  4. Hi Seb, I'd recommend you don't take the paint straight from the pot to brush on to the model. Get a paint pallet or an old plate to mix your paint on and thin it down with tap water or recommend thinner. Mix the paint until it's of a consistency similar to milk and apply multiple thin coats until you achieve the density of colour you need. From experience these paint pots are hit or miss and need thorough stirring until you get the colour consistent. Hope that helps. Cheers Greg
  5. Great job. I really like the paint job and weathering. Cheers Greg 👍
  6. Good solid result especially using the kit paint pots. It's good to hear you enjoyed it enough to try some more. Have a go painting the canopy frames. You can pick off any excess acrylic paint with a cocktail stick before it fully dries. Welcome back to the hobby 👍
  7. Beautiful model. Incredible workmanship. Very well done 👍
  8. Looking good. Keep up the great progress 👍
  9. Superb restoration. The Devestator was one of my favourite Airfix kits. I built mine in line with the box artwork. Well done 👍
  10. Nice work on the machine guns which are looking good under paint. Looking forward to the next update. Cheers Greg 👍
  11. A real beauty 😍 well done 👍
  12. Well done Simon. An epic build of a difficult kit. Looks good from here. Cheers Greg 👍