gio decals dealers on ebay

pperkins

• 2 years later...

Oh good grief..don't even waste your time with this website/person.

Do a little bit of searching and you'll find dozens of post where some people got some of what they ordered, got somethings they didn't order or didn't get anything they ordered. Trying to get a response from him is nigh on impossible - unanswered emails, incorrect/non existent tracking numbers.

Cue loads of posts from people saying they are so happy with his service, got all they ordered and are best buddies with him on faceache!!!

• Like 1

Well I ordered a set of 773 All Blacks decal, and yes they took a while to arrive but I got them....;)

I've also ordered a set of 772 Boeing house colours decals and waiting for them to arrive......

Yes I read the posts about him but he does decals nobody else does and I haven't put a big order.

I recently let my heart rule my head and ordered a set of decals from his website (for a model I've wanted to do for about 30 years). After a few days I received an e-mail from him saying that they had been despatched. The tracking number included didn't work and after a couple of weeks, I e-mailed him to check on their whereabouts. No reply. Still no sign of them a few weeks later, so with the 45 day Paypal deadline fast approaching, I raised a dispute via Paypal due to the non-delivery of the decals. Within hours I had received a refund and notification that the dispute was closed. Were the decals ever despatched to me? I have my doubts.

Dave

I had always ordered from Alexander! But then in feb I ordered 2 sets of AA 737-800 sheets. With in 2 days they were marked as sent! Didn't get a tracking number and waited and waited, sent untold emails to Alex with no replys by this time the 45 days were up with PayPal. Well with more emails I had a reply saying that he would send a replacement, well 3 weeks later I got one set ( not 2 ) so another email to him and 4 days later I had the other sheet. ( 6 months ) in total. So now that's it no more buying from me. Even though I've been buying off him for years!!!!!

hi has anyone brought any decals from modelarstwo2010alexander on ebay

I'm not sure why this topic has suddenly come back to life two years on but I suggest anyone thinking of dealing with Gio/Alexander should pay a visit to our neighbours on Airliner Cafe and read these threads before deciding whether to part with any money:

http://www.airlinercafe.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=8103

http://www.airlinercafe.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=8024

Edited by David G

• 3 weeks later...

he is a pratt !!

ordered decals and paid for....... over 3 mths ago

some sort of tracking problem he said

wot a con artist

Did you buy off ebay? and/or with paypal? If you used either of those two you'll get your money back, now its gone on for a while, I'm not sure you should have complained to ebay or paypal sooner.

Buying on ebay. I'm not trying to teach anybody to suck eggs here but you have to watch out for sellers (especially) leading buyers on.

If you start getting stupid excuse after excuse start the money back process Some sellers are convinced that postage is delivery and if it goes walkies its your problem. I've had a few of those. Its their contract with the post service so the buyer cant go to the post service for compensation. That's the seller's responsibility. I always get my money back, at least 6 times, That's out of 160 items bought which isn't bad. Same goes for...if it arrives not as advertised they expect you to pay the return postage, That doesn't work with me. Same result, they pay. How that works with the Polish post, not sure. You still have Paypal though, allways use paypal or credit card if you can! Money back doesn't work with a Debit card, cheque or post order. Doubt if anyone uses (not many probably) the last two methods anymore.

Edited by bzn20

^ sound advice there.

What I don't really get though (apart from why, with so much negative opinion about him, people still buy from him...) is why he is the only decal company releasing some of the subjects he does. I was looking for some 1/144 Air France retro A320 decals recently and from a search found that he offered them on a sheet that included the Aeroflot retro Airbus too. Both very nice schemes and for a few seconds I was tempted...

But why is he the only one offering those schemes? Surely it can't be solely about corporate copyright and illegal use of a company logo etc.. that's putting other producers off? He may have the advantage of being virtually impossible to track down as many people find out, but...

Ok, time to be blunt - why do no other "mainstream" aftermarket decal producers offer the same subjects he does? I've just had a look at his website again - Aeroflot 90th anniversary Sukhoi Superjet!! Hainan 787!!

Oh! come on somebody else produce these please. If he can't deliver then surely there's a market for those who can?

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

Dear Jeff,

I designed the Air France A320 retrojet for Heller (it is included in their latest release) so I can scale it down to 1/144 (Heller's A320 is 1/125). However it will be laser-printed and you will lose all the white details. This particular livery really needs silk-screening because of the white areas. However, silk-screening requires large quantities, which the Air France retrojet would probably not justify. This presumably explains why nobody offers it. PM me if you're still interested in a laser-printed version.

Laurent

Dear Jeff,

I designed the Air France A320 retrojet for Heller (it is included in their latest release) so I can scale it down to 1/144 (Heller's A320 is 1/125). However it will be laser-printed and you will lose all the white details. This particular livery really needs silk-screening because of the white areas. However, silk-screening requires large quantities, which the Air France retrojet would probably not justify. This presumably explains why nobody offers it. PM me if you're still interested in a laser-printed version.

Laurent

Thanks for the offer Laurent - I'll have a close study of the scheme tonight and judge whether my masking skills are up for it. I have bought the Heller kit because I read on another forum that the decal sheet included with it (that you designed) has the retro colour scheme. Very nice it is too.

But why is he the only one offering those schemes? Surely it can't be solely about corporate copyright and illegal use of a company logo etc.. that's putting other producers off? He may have the advantage of being virtually impossible to track down as many people find out, but...

Ok, time to be blunt - why do no other "mainstream" aftermarket decal producers offer the same subjects he does? Oh! come on somebody else produce these please. If he can't deliver then surely there's a market for those who can?

Jeff

You answered the question yourself - this guy seems to duck and dive with the best of them, so when it comes to any company trying to find him to ask him to either pay a licence fee or stop using thier logo and name, he vanishes very quickly. Which may also be why emails are not answered.

More responsible decal producers either don't have the spare cash to pay the fees, or don't want the hassle.

Depends on the airline of course; the sensible solution would be for a nominal fee or no fee at all as it's good PR; just let the company have a copy of what you want to sell so they can check it for accuracy etc.

I'm told it used to be like that at one time...

Very true Kev1n, but there is a well known airline* from across the pond that pursues people relentlessly if they use their logo, name, whatever without their permission. However, there are some decal companies that offer some sheets for that very airline and I would guess they are doing so without the airlines permission...and they deliver, answer emails and are very communicative, some even appear at model shows and are very happy to chat about their products.

I realise this topic is being flogged to death, and I've answered my own question or can make an intelligent stab at the answer but why put so much effort into producing silk screened decals that are quite costly to make, and then make it so very difficult for anyone to buy them?

* According to a well known contributor to forums (including this very forum..)

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

Very true Kev1n, but there is a well known airline* from across the pond that pursues people relentlessly if they use their logo, name, whatever without their permission. However, there are some decal companies that offer some sheets for that very airline and I would guess they are doing so without the airlines permission...and they deliver, answer emails and are very communicative, some even appear at model shows and are very happy to chat about their products.

I realise this topic is being flogged to death, and I've answered my own question or can make an intelligent stab at the answer but why put so much effort into producing silk screened decals that are quite costly to make, and then make it so very difficult for anyone to buy them?

* According to a well known contributor to forums (including this very forum..)

Would that be the airline that have just had a makeover with complete new livery ??????