Revell Lancaster

Completed for Bomber GB. Build thread here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71442

Used aftermarket decals and gun barrels plus Eduard masks.

As always some tiny problems arised at the end, mostly around canopy. Some dust inside but I don't think these windows were crystal clear anyway in real plane. All comments and criticism is welcomed.

It doesn't look like it's weathered much but that's just photos. It really is very blotched on top.

Greg

_IGP8094.jpg

_IGP8092.jpg

_IGP8089.jpg

_IGP8088.jpg

_IGP8086.jpg

_IGP8085.jpg

_IGP8083.jpg

_IGP8082.jpg

_IGP8091.jpg

_IGP8093.jpg

That is one beautiful lancaster. well done.

Very nice....a beauty...!! :goodjob:

Cheers,

ggc

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all comments. I did enjoy this build and I'm glad you like it.

Now back to the Foxbat and my long term project now is to build all available MiGs in 1/72. Just one of each, I won't do all variants of MiG21, I'm not that bonkers. But I'd like to have all MiGs on my shelf. So wish me luck and lots of patience.

Greg

Very nice job. I do have a stupid question though, seeing as I have one of these in my stash to build. Why are the exhaust stains on the Lanc always white/gray vs. black or soot that you see on other WWII planes? Is it more of a thermal effect on the paint, as opposed to actual exhaust residue?

Cheers,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice job. I do have a stupid question though, seeing as I have one of these in my stash to build. Why are the exhaust stains on the Lanc always white/gray vs. black or soot that you see on other WWII planes? Is it more of a thermal effect on the paint, as opposed to actual exhaust residue?

Cheers,

Bill

Great work on the Lanc

I did wonder how these newer revell kits built up after a disasterous attempt at their 1970's dambuster!

Still - i'm older, wiser and no longer want to knock em out in a day!!!!

Bill - the white/grey exhaust stains seen on the lanc were due to the high lead content in the 100 octane fuel. Some artistic interpretation of actual colour required, but generally dark outer - light inner for the stains