RAF Coningsby 3/4th June

gary1701

Hi Gents,

This is a selection of shots taken at Coningsby during a two day trip up on the 3/4th June. No Typhoon's in this selection, they're posted in the Typhoon reference thread that's a 'sticky' in the modelling section. Link below;

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...20&start=20

First F-15E's on the overshoot, same two jets, but actually shot different days.

IMG_9806.jpg

IMG_9293.jpg

One of many Tucano's on the overshot or landing. I always find that these never seem to photograph well, it must be that the colour scheme is so difficult to get a decent exposure off.

IMG_9546.jpg

The BBMF were very active while I was there, with one Hurricane and the Lanc finally getting back from Southend (I gather they both broke at the seafront show last weekend) and the Dakota putting in several practise displays over the field when it could find a gap in fast jet traffic.

IMG_9318.jpg

IMG_9474.jpg

IMG_9377.jpg

41 Sqn Harrier's and Tornado's were also quite busy.

IMG_8507-4.jpg

IMG_8529.jpg

IMG_9496.jpg

Finally, on thursday evening two BBMF Spit's were down for a flypast. If you know the layout of the base, you'll know that the BBMF hangar and apron is right up against the fence and with a step ladder it's quite easy to get some lovely pics.

IMG_8618.jpg

I wonder how many of the aircraft in the foreground you could buy at 1940's prices for the one behind nowadays? I certainly know which is more reliable!

IMG_8639.jpg

Gary

Edited by gary1701