This is my completed vacform Rareplanes 1/72 DH Devon, I will post more photos later when I get the lighting sorted the photos will be cropped a bit better as well
I hope you like ?
4593312952_f0791b8450_o.jpg
4592700073_f29da38297_o.jpg

Edited by kev67
  • Like 1

Kev, That looks superb. :thumbsup:

Can we have some more pics please?

Phil.

That's a cracker, well done Kev. I remember these at Wyton when I was a kid.

Andy

These flew constantly over my house flying into RAF Northolt, I always remember the drone of the Gypsy Queen engine as it flew over head, this still remains my favorite plane

mmmmmmm that scheme realy does go well with the Devon.

JB.

That's superb! I've got one of these kits somewhere but don't remember it coming with decals, where did you get the 207 Sqn badge from?

As the model did not come with decals I had to make them up from spares, the 207 badge I made myself

Having built that same kit years ago and made a complete mess of it I can only say that you have done a fantastic job, what a beautiful model..well done!!

As a lad I remember visiting relatives in London for a few weeks and in between trips to Hendon, the Science Museum and IWM Iloved taking the train out to Northolt where I`d spend all day watching these things buzzing in and out. Don`t think I`d let my 10 year old son travel around London on his own like that nowadays though!!

I look forward to seeing some more photos,

Cheers for sharing

Tony O

That looks rather nice Kev............brings back strong memories, as an air cadet back in the early seventies a couple off us more cheeky chappies managed to bag a trip in a Devon from Northholt up to Woolsington airport, (Newcastle) ,whilst landing the port wheel brake jammed causing the tyre to burst and a small fire to ensue resulting in us veering off the runway and onto the green stuff in a shower of freshly cut grass and dust!!..the water fairies arrived and liberally doused us down with foam and fire retardant......being young we naturally thought this was hilarious and all great fun, a sentiment not echoed by the high ranking naval officer sharing our ride who just turned to the red faced pilot and bellowed............'Bloody air force !!, before storming off to his meeting. A very smooth ride and great view from the cockpit as I recall.. We returned to Northolt in an Andover..which was nice!!

Great job :thumbsup2: ...more pics please!!