Su-24

song

Alas - Trumpeter kit is too inaccurate :-(

Hmmm...."too inaccurate" eh. Are there lesser degrees of inaccuracy that are acceptable?

Beware of dissing newbies with no profile data. I suspect a Laming may be heading towards another proverbial cliff edge.

:giles:

Darius

I see the vultures are starting to circle on ARC. I may just treat myself to one of these despite the alleged inaccuracies and shape problems. Those that are all hot and bothered by this can always elect not buy the kit or buy lots of resin correction sets to reduce their blood pressure. Of course there is always the old reliable Alan W Hall balsa and baking soda route. How spoilt rotten we have become in today's world of scale modelling...

:giles:

Darius

Edited by Darius at Home

Hmmmm...looking at this lot I think I'll hold off on this one!!...have to wait and see some decent reviews....as you say Gekko, might be good for some 'what-if's....

After bashing the TSR 2 into shape this one might not be so labour intensive... :hmmm:

Edited by general melchett

Why did I give up 1/48??? Why?!?! I might have to make an exception for this beauty... but then I'd have to find a use for all that spare ordnance... That will be a huge model in 1/48 too.

Many of the new kits we see these days are, in fairness, expensive. For those of us who want to build them, we may have to re-evaluate the way we buy kits. I can see myself getting much more selective about what I buy, restricting my impulse purchases (and subsequently reducing my unbuilt stash, which I'll never really get to) so that I can afford to buy and BUILD some of these newer kits.