HMS Ark Royal 1975

Oh yes. Been wanting one for years. Rumors still abound that Airfix will do this, depending on the success of the illustrious kit

Edited by andy wood

'75 was a glorious summer too, but more pertinent is that 1976 was the year of the American Bicentennial celebrations.

The Ark did a tour stateside and 892's Phantoms wore the legend 976-1976 as a reference to the heritage of the RN and what a bunch of young whippersnappers the Americans are :lol:

Also the BBC did the documentary "Sailor", hence my reference to the theme tune, by Rod Stewart.

Just that there will be media associations for the general public and the 1776-1976 thing

oh and me bro was on board ;)

Edited by walrus

Ah ! I understand now ,Walrus,personally I don`t care which year it was,as long as we get a kit of Her!!

Just as a matter of interest,heres another pic ,this time from the 50`s,Didn`t know Sea Hawks were coal-burning?

ARK_ROYAL_1950s_AC_start_up.jpg

Cheers Phil

Edited by Phil Reeder

Why not go the whole hog, Tripehound, and ask for 1/72? At least we'd be able to get plenty of aircraft to park on it!

Obi-Jiff :fish:

Now we're talking. Although after several seconds serious consideration I've decided to do it in 1/32 by converting a full-size narrowboat.

I'd definitely buy one, even if I had to sell the cat!

Get it done, Airfix!

I wouldn't sell my cats to get one but would seriously consider selling my body for one!

Martin

I wouldn't sell my cats to get one but would seriously consider selling my body for one!

Martin

Would that be worth more or less than the cats? :winkgrin:

Sorry, we may be in danger of dragging this :offtopic:

Back to the Ark - I've wanted a decent kit of this ship, in any scale, in her 1970s guise (with lots of Phantoms) since about 1976, when I first watched Sailor. I'm sure I'm not alone.