1\72 Boscombe Down Hastings

Hi All, I have finally completed my build of the Formaplane Hastings in Boscombe Down markings, taken about 5 weeks but I am happy with the result and quite a rare item for the display table! The build is covered in a WIP thread for those interested, I would recommend purchase of the later (AIM Historic Wings?) boxing of this kit as resin nacelles and white metal undercarriage/props were supplied which would make the build a lot easier!

As usual all comments welcome. MODeller

DSCF5301.jpg

DSCF5304.jpg

DSCF5306.jpg

DSCF5288.jpg

DSCF5287.jpg

That turned out really inspirational. I have the formaplane version in my stash and will now go read your build thread. I always liked the Hastings and was pleased to get close to one at Duxford a few years back.

David

Well done mate, I wouldn't build a vacform if i was offered cash!. Nice replica of an old bird from here.

What's next............

I'm currently doing the Harrier t10 that's here in green with the chequers on.

Very nice Brian!

boy, that brings back some memories - of a families' day back in the late 60s.

I was allowed into that aircraft (all 3 were parked there!) and being awe-struck by how steep the climb up the freight deck was just to get to the flight deck. Mind you, at age 6 it probably seemed a lot steeper and higher than it really was but the memory has stayed with me.

Heady days and thanks again for sharing it with us. :thumbsup:

cheers

Rick

Beautiful model of a lovely aircraft and an interesting scheme to boot! You did a great job with the engine nacelles.

I wish someone would do a new tool kit in injection moulded plastic. I have a started one of these somewhere that was given to me that will see the light of day at some point.

• 3 months later...

Lovely, well done. I couldn't face trying a vac-form - skills aren't up to it - but I'd love to build a Hastings. It was the third aircraft type I flew in (first came a York, then a Valetta) as a passenger aged, er, nine in summer 1958 between Kai Tak and Changi. My dad (FltLt stationed at Changi) asked if I could enter the cockpit, and I was allowed into the co-pilot's seat and waggled the stick, much to the alarm of everyone on board I dare say! I think there's a Hastings at Cosford that I must visit some time, even if I never get to model it. Probably too obscure a type ever to be released except as vac-form... Thanks for sharing, great pics too.

Now I like that alot, did AIM make this kit as well as I have never seen it, one for a future build if I could get hold of one, but it would take me 5-6 months not 5 weeks that pretty quick

Hard to believe you made that in 5 weeks, well done! given how much more work goes into getting the even the basics right in a vacform, to see one so well turned out is a real inspiration :)

Great build, lovely looking model, No way I could face a Vac form like that. So all credit to you.