Airfix Mosquito NF36 1.48

Here's Airfix's 1.48th NF30 painted as a post war NF36 ( I believe the only difference between a NF30 and NF36 was different radar equipment and Merlin engines).

The cut and shut nosecone needed lots of filler.

All brushpainted with aftermarket decals (but Airfix stencils, which were actually very good!). The badge on the tail was painted freehand.

358394707.jpg

358394713.jpg

358394721.jpg

358394739.jpg

358394731.jpg

Cheers!

Very nice. I'm particularly impressed with your spinners. Can you tell me how you got such neat stripes on them? I'm in the middle of a post war mossie build, and have similar spinners to conquer.

Apart from the fact the airframe looks bloody ugly with that dodgy nose on it, but, boy is this one very smart model and to my amature eye is exceedingly well done :worthy:

Bex

P.S: How did you do the Spinners :yikes:

Very very nice Mozzie! :clap2:

Forget the spinners, those tail badges are a bit tasty.

Love the bull nose Mosquitos...better looking than the ordinary gun nose by a mile in my book.

Hi and thanks for your comment!

The way I did the spinners was first look at my references to see where they go and spray them with white primer. Starting at the rear the blue band goes as far as the holes for the prop blades. I then measured this with some dividers. With this measurement I made little marks all the way round the spinner. Next I joined all the marks up to get a line. From this line using the dividers at the same size I did another row of dots and joined them up too. Then a third time.

With the spinners press fitted onto the prop already installed I got the blue paint and painted the band as I slowly turned the prop. Then did the same with the other bands.

Easier done then said!

Cheers!

Edited by BAC

Easier done then said!

Cheers!

You can say that again :worthy: thank you for taking the time to explain your method :worthy:

Bex von :gobsmacked: