Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29 all new tooled

haneto

Hi guys!

Being silent for quite a while here after marriage and now it's time to start a new topic.

And this is what we have been busy with since early this year, as many of you may have informed, a totally new tooled Fulcrum kit.

It's the longest and most complicated project for the maker, and all staff have made so much for it.

They all deserve the highest respect, as far as I know.

It was me, who suggested this project to the CEO of GWH, and after a long time researching/drawing/tons of correction,

finally it has turn out a real touchable kit from just computer graphics, thanks to the hightech molding skills nowadays.

And I'd especially sincerely appreciate my Russian friend, Mr. Alexander Drannikov a.k.a. "Skylark" for his great help during kit development.

Thank you so much, Alex.

It cannot be so close to good without your strict check again and again.

No more trust to CAD files after being some hard long waiting by some teaser company?

Me too! :woot.gif:

So let me show you some pictures of the very FIRST test shot of the kit.

And please remember, these are only test shot sprues and more adjustment and details will be added in the next days.

So if there're gaps or short injection on the parts, don't get too serious. They'll all be fixed when arriving in your hands. :rolleyes:

Just like most serious modellers, the accuracy is alaways the most important to a model kit.

And that's also what we have made biggest effort during development.

Yes, it's far from perfect, but at least to me, it looks like a Fulcrum enough, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Here I give you some outline shots of the assembled kit.

01_zps82ca988e.jpg

02_zps62c17a82.jpg

03_zps0abb669a.jpg

04_zps32ad2622.jpg

Close shots of the front fuselage.

To me, the nose area is the "face" of an aircraft and windshield/canopy is the "eyes" of it.

So they are so important that if those things got ruined, the whole model is meaningless indeed.

Check out our Fulcrum! :coolio:

06_zps50f6170b.jpg

05_zps1fec39e7.jpg

07_zpsd0eff0a0.jpg

08_zps17101be9.jpg

Can I just second the "awesome" comments above? Looks very nice, and we know that GWH's toolings are well detailed, so I'm going to join in with the hand-rubbing in anticipation of its release :yahoo:

1/48 isn't my scale but I'll buy and (hopefully) build the kit anyway. What we should have is a MiG-29 model kit: "model" in bold letters because it will an accurate in shape representation of the MiG-29, "kit" in bold letters because it will be a detailed, easy enough to assemble and clean kit (regular panel lines, no flash, not too much missplaced ejector pin marks, etc). This kind of kit is pretty rare especially for modern Soviet aircrafts. We have plenty of "model kits" ("expensive toys"... nicely engineered kits which have shape problems that are often difficult to fix; Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, Academy and Eduard when they rebox old kits and provide detail sets but no correction set), some "model kits" (old Amodel kits, old tool High Planes kits) and some "model kits" (Starfix, PM, in other words, crap).

The GWH kit will not be 100% perfect (the fact that the CAD designer didn't know much about aircrafts didn't help) but I'm sure that haneto will have done the best he could to be close to perfection.

Edited by Laurent

• 2 months later...

Two of these were eagerly awaiting at the postoffice for me today when i got home from the states. Its looks as good in the plastic as it does in the photos, and theres a lovely mig 29 print in the box ala eduard mig 21s