1/72 Revell EC-135 Police

Hey everyone,

Just finished this one for a "Support Aircraft" GB. It's Revell's little EC-135 (Bundespolizei boxing) but built as a West Midlands Air Support G-SUFF. Markings are a mix of the kit with the G-SUFF stuff courtesy of Peddinghaus Decals; they also do decals for a Met Police EC-145 so might give that a try sometime. This was built mostly OOB except for some bits for the observer in the back and a more accurate Nitesun/FLIR package than was offered in the kit.

POST EDIT - As Paul has mentioned below, this is the wrong aircraft type for the markings used - apologies for any confusion which was caused by a lack of research by me.

Dermot

RevellEC-135172PoliceG-SUFF.jpg

RevellEC-135172PoliceG-SUFFR.jpg

RevellEC-135172PoliceG-SUFFL.jpg

RevellEC-135172PoliceG-SUFF2.jpg

RevellEC-135172PoliceG-SUFF1.jpg

You can see work in progress pics here and apologies if the photos aren't the best.

Thanks for reading and enjoy your modelling.

Dermot

Edited by Dermo245

Hi Dermot, That's quite a nice model you turned out there. we are currently getting the TV series Sky Cops on one of our pay channels. I have to say I am enjoying it and was only think of a similar subject the other day. Sadly I have too much on the bench at present, so it will have to wait. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Colin on the Africa Station

Hey everyone,

Just finished this one for a "Support Aircraft" GB. It's Revell's little EC-135 (Bundespolizei boxing) but built as a West Midlands Air Support G-SUFF. Markings are a mix of the kit with the G-SUFF stuff courtesy of Peddinghaus Decals; they also do decals for a Met Police EC-145 so might give that a try sometime. This was built mostly OOB except for some bits for the observer in the back and a more accurate Nitesun/FLIR package than was offered in the kit.

You can see work in progress pics here and apologies if the photos aren't the best.

Thanks for reading and enjoy your modelling.

Dermot

Hi Dermot

This is what G-SUFF should look like as i make for West Midlands Police Air Support exclusively.

gsuff005.jpg

gsuff007.jpg

Thanks Paul and yours is a superb example - it's also a model which had originally inspired me to try this.

As I'd said on the WIP post, I had gone by a photo I had seen (I think on the Eurocopter website) which must have been a demonstrator model in UK markings and not the final example, as yours is. That's probably where all the inaccuracies in my build came about.

Will check my references better in future.

Cheers,

Dermot

Dermot, I was driving up the M5 from Worcester to Bromsgrove today & the wife pointed out a heli in the sky. I asked her if it was dark blue with a yellow top and she replied in the affirmative. Told her it was a police helicoptor - the one's like you see on the telly with the infra red gizmos chasing the joy riders and what have you! If it hadn't have been for your build I would never have known & missed out on some valuable "all knowing smugness" points there!! :)

Who ever said pigs can't fly?! Nice model. My only criticism would be that the yellow looks a little too dirty, I imagine old bill would look after this and keep it pristine.

Dermot: Don't worry about checking the resources. Modelling isn't about who can do the biggest, or the best, or any form of willy wangling like that - it's about doing something that you are proud of. And, unless, you are purely and severely pedantic (which I doubt judging from your WIP post!), none of us are ever going to be able to recreate the perfect replica. Just as long as you enjoyed making it!

I think that looks really good. Well done on the great build.

Edited by Chris Jephcott

• 3 weeks later...