1/32 scale Tornado- Desert Storm

Hi All,

i wanted to share my first ever project - the 1/32 scale Tornado - desert storm version.

this is my fav. aircraft of all time and have captured my imagination ever since the first time i saw it . Trully a marvel

Pls enjoy

the pics are loaded at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76766832@N03/with/7038038769/

Also thank you to all the members who have been sharing their progress pics...and builds. it has been a great source of inspiration and help.

best regards

shan

GULFTORNADO-2.gif

GULFTORNADO.gif

23.gif

22.gif

21.gif

20copy.gif

18.gif

17.gif

16.gif

12.gif

9.gif

7.gif

6.gif

5.gif

4.gif

3.gif

1.gif

Edited by shan
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

That looks really good, how did you get on with the Paragon flaps set? Or was it the flightpath stuff?

Thanks, Henry

Greetings Henry, the set i used was the paragon set, but i've read that the flighpath stuff was really good. The paragon set was resin and flighpath has lots of PE.

I hope to see your Tornado someday too....

best wishes

shan

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I hope to start up on a new build and share them in future.

best wishes

shan

Great build. Excellent paint job. Only one concern, You have the spoilers in lift dump! The spoilers would be failed closed with both Hyd systems powered off? The fail safe valve would close them with CSAS off.

good job, Jim

Edited by Jim Saudi

That looks really good, how did you get on with the Paragon flaps set? Or was it the flightpath stuff?

Thanks, Henry

Greetings Henry

they were paragon flaps and slats. it started out a bit thick, but i sanded it down a little. I think the flighpath set would have been more accurate as they are PE. I hope to see a tornado from you perhaps soon....

best regards

shan

Great build. Excellent paint job. Only one concern, You have the spoilers in lift dump! The spoilers would be failed closed with both Hyd systems powered off? The fail safe valve would close them with CSAS off.

good job, Jim

thanks Jim

my hands were a little itchy and wanted to do a little scratch building and got carried away...ha ha

thanks again...learnt something new

best regards

shan

nice build, best put those paveway's on a trolley before the weapons officer arrives & has a fit because they are sitting on their control fins,

Yes, i think i would like to add a weapons trolly, a tow bar, and power generators...etc...

would like to add them in the near future...... also looking out for 1/32 scale pilot figures and ground crew

thanks for your reply.

best regards

shan